MicroSense introduces the new Model 6810 high resolution capacitive position sensor. The 6810 along with 6000 series probes is a non-contact displacement measurement system intended to provide exceptionally high resolution, low noise measurements. The 6810 offers customers advanced performance for high dynamic measurements such as motor and spindle run out. Nanometer level resolution is possible at measurement bandwidths up to 100kHz.
The Figure shows the capacitive sensor measuring radial run-out of HDD with sub-nanometer resolution.
Picture 1. MicroSense capacitive sensor measuring radial run out of hard disk drive (HDD) with sub- nanometer resolution.
The key features of MicroSense 6810 are:
- Designed for measuring “high dynamic” targets that change position, rotate or vibrate at very high speeds, including poorly grounded targets
- Ideal for spindle error analysis of machine tool spindles, air bearing spindles and HDD spindle motors
- The 6810 is suitable for use with our SpinCheck Metrology System
- The 6810 is 100% compatible with existing and new SpinCheck systems.
- Existing SpinCheck customers can typically improve measurement resolution by 2X to 5X by upgrading to 6810 de-modulators modules and 6000 series probes.
- User selectable measurement bandwidths up to 100 kHz for ultra-fast output response
- Non-contact design for virtually unlimited service life
- Current Model 5810 users can immediately improve measurement performance
- The 6810 is a “drop in” replacement for users who wish to upgrade from existing 5810 systems – no design changes are required.