The NivuFlow Mobile 600 is a robust portable flow meter for long-term monitoring of full pipes. It was developed mainly for long-term measurements in field operation without external power supply. Measurements for checking and confirming can be done with the self-sufficient and portable system without any issues even in harsh environments.
It comes with excellent battery lifetimes of several weeks or even months, thus reducing personnel costs for maintenance and data readout considerably.
- Ultrasonic transit time measurement
- Monitoring of flow, temperature and pressure
- Very long battery life
- For extreme environmental conditions
- Operation via Smartphone, Tablet and Notebook
- Rechargeable battery can be replaced by user
- Up to two measurement paths
- Pump verification
- Leakage detection
- Analysis of users behavior in water supplies
- Monitoring of process water and service water
- Intakes and outlets conducting cooling water or circulation systems
Transit Time – How the NivuFlow Mobile 600 Measures
The measurement principle of the NivuFlow Mobile 600 is based on the detection of the transit time of ultrasonic signals between two sensors (A and B).
The signal run time in flow direction t1 is shorter than the signal run time towards the flow direction t2. The difference between both run times is proportional to the average flow velocity along the measurement path vm. The NivuFlow Mobile 600 calculates the average flow velocity vA from the measured path velocities vm.
The flow within the full pipe is calculated by employing the standard continuity equation:
Easy and Convenient Operation
The measurement system is password-protected by using a web browser installed on units such as tablets, smartphones or notebooks. Extra software or special apps are not necessary.
Since the transmitter can be used without having to open the enclosure it is possible to work the unit comfortably even in bad weather or under poor conditions. The connection to the unit is set up via WLAN.
Contactless or in the Medium
The transit time technique based on ultrasound allows accurate and reliable measurements in clean to somewhat polluted media.
A varied selection of clamp-on sensors and wedge sensors and special pipe sensors are available. The system automatically detA key feature of the clamp-on sensors is the very rapid installation since the sensors are installed on the outer side of the pipe due the contactless measurement principle. Seamlessly matched mounting accessories also enable the rapid and smooth installation of the medium-contacting sensors.
By connecting additional sensors it is possible to further measure process parameters such as temperature and pressure simultaneously.
- Contactless or measurement within the medium
- Installation under process conditions
- Sensors are absolutely zero point stable and drift-free
- A range of sensor types ensure the best solution for each application
- Low installation efforts owing to perfectly matched mounting accessories
- Stable signal transmission over long distances
The high protection degree of sensors and transmitters (IP68) allows use even under the toughest conditions. Even with its lid open the transmitter offers IP 67 protection. The rechargeable batteries can be swapped also in wet environments such as during heavy rain.
Sophisticated Power Management
The NivuFlow Mobile 600 is meant for long-term operation and simple handling. Fitted with two rechargeable battery packs, the transmitter has an extended service life including concurrent sensor power supply. The rechargeable battery packs can be swapped by the user quickly and easily on site to perform long-term measurements.
- Up to one year of battery life with five minutes measurement interval is offered.
- The NivuFlow can be used also as permanent measurement using a mains battery charger.
On Site from Anywhere
The measurement data can be conveyed via mobile phone network if necessary. The readings are conveyed to a web portal and can be then accessed from anywhere in the world.
- Free adjustable measurement and transmission cycles
- Unlimited access to your measurement data via internet
- Lower personnel necessities for data readout