The NivuFlow 7550 is a hybrid flow measurement device with surface radar and ultrasonic profile scanner. It is capable of flow measurement for open channels as well as part filled pipes. Optimum results are achieved through the combination of ultrasonic cross correlation and radar technology.
- Redundant flow measurement
- Ultrasonic sideward velocity profile sensor
- Contactless radar surface velocity measurement
- Two separate flow measurement technologies boost the reliability and accuracy
- All sensors are above the area of sedimentation
- Regular maintenance is not required
- Reliable measurement autonomous of wave formations, storm conditions as well as in low flow level circumstances
Hybrid Flow Measurement
The NivuFlow 7550 is a hybrid measurement system which was mainly developed for flow metering in channels, part filled pipes and surface waters. Mostly in challenging applications the flow meter stands out for reliable results due to its advantages of employing two measurement technologies.
Contactless Radar Flow Measurement
The contactless low-maintenance radar sensor offers reliable operation even at extremely high discharge velocities with low flow levels. Dynamic hydraulic models for a range of channel shapes based on different filling levels enable accurate detection of the real flow rate.
Ultrasonic Flow Measurement as Overflow Sensor
The ultrasonic cross correlation sensor can be used as an overflow sensor. In those cases the sensor delivers reliable and accurate results in overflow situations where radar sensors cannot be employed for measuring. Because of the flow profile detection and the detection of sedimentation on the bottom, the flow rate is established very accurately. Information on sedimentation is also considered for additional measurements using the radar system.
Ultrasonic Flow Measurement as Redundant Measurement
The ultrasonic sensor can be used for permanent redundant measurement too. Installing the sensor on the side walls above the sedimentation helps to prevent soiling. The detection of local flow velocities covers the complete channel width and ensures the determination of very accurate flow profiles. Pre-programmed hydraulic models boost the accuracy of the measurement system.
Easy Installation and Handling
Because of DIN rail mounting options, the compact transmitter saves space and can be installed effortlessly in control cabinets. Furthermore the NivuFlow 7550 is available with a special protected field enclosure for use under harsh ambient conditions. The large graphic display allows quick and easy commissioning of the flow meter system.
The NivuFlow 7550 offers comprehensive diagnostic options and facilitates detailed analysis of running processes on site. The transmitter software is in line with existing requirements. Future-proof protocols and versatile communication and integration options make way for operators to incorporate the devices into higher systems such as process control systems or SCADA.
Typical NivuFlow 7550 Applications
- Sedimentation detection with ultrasonic level measurement in case of overflow
- Continuous and reliable flow metering in overflow situations
- Measurement places featuring bed load / debris
- Measurement places featuring high dirt loads and sedimentation
- Reliable flow metering in shooting discharge and low flow levels
- Measurement places with limited installation options within the channel