The OmniScan X3 flaw detector combines the essential tools needed for PAUT inspections, such as TOFD, two UT channels, eight groups and 16:64PR, 16:128PR and 32:128PR configurations, with powerful innovations, including:
- TFM/FMC with 64-element aperture support
- Improved phased array imaging, including an innovative live TFM envelope feature
- Acoustic influence map (AIM) simulator for TFM mode
- 25 GB file size
- Up to 1,024 × 1,024-pixel TFM reconstruction and four simultaneous, live TFM propagation modes
- Simplified user interface with onboard scan plan
- Wireless connectivity to the Olympus Scientific Cloud (OSC) makes it simple to keep the instrument’s software up to date
The comprehensive onboard scan plan tool enables users to visualize the inspection, helping reduce the risk of errors. The entire scan plan, including the TFM zone, can be created in one simple workflow. Creating a setup is also faster with improved calibration tools and support for simultaneous probe and beam set configuration, onboard dual linear, matrix and dual matrix array creation and automatic wedge verification.
Certified IP65 dust proof and water resistant, the instrument has the reliability and ease of use that OmniScan flaw detectors are known for combined with high-quality images that help make interpreting flaws more obvious. With the total focusing method, users can produce geometrically correct images to confirm the characterization of flaws identified through conventional phased array techniques and obtain better images throughout the volume of a part. Additional features that enable outstanding images include a 16-bit A-scan, interpolation and smoothing and a vivid 10.6-inch WXGA display that provides clarity and visibility in any light.
The OmniScan X3 flaw detector makes analysis and reporting faster, both onboard the instrument and on a PC. The instrument also comes with a variety of helpful data interpretation tools:
- Circumferential outside diameter (COD) TFM image reconstruction to facilitate interpretation and sizing of long seam weld indications
- Merged B-scan to facilitate the screening of phased array weld indications while keeping the workflow simple
Whether inspecting pipes, welds, pressure vessels or composites, the OmniScan X3 flaw detector enables users to complete their work efficiently and interpret flaws with confidence.