Dexter‘s S60M TO-18 is a single-channel silicon-based thermopile that delivers high output. It features a small active area with dimensions of 0.6mm x 0.6mm in a small TO-18 package.
The silicon-based thermopile provides a rapid 18ms time constant in Argon encapsulation gas and faster 9ms time constant in Neon gas. In addition, the thermopile offers a low temperature responsivity coefficient of -0.04%/°C.
The key benefits of the S60M TO-18 thermopile include:
- Small active area
- Fast time constant
- High output
- Low temperature responsivity coefficient
The S60M TO-18 thermopile can be used in the following applications:
- Gas analysis
- Non-contact measurement
The technical specifications of the S60M TO-18 are summarized in the following table:
|Active Area size
||.6 x .6
||Hot junction size, per element.
|Number of Junctions
|Number of Channels
||Per detector package.
||DC, H=330μW/cm2 (3)
||DC, ℜ=Vs/HA (2)
|Temperature Coefficient of ℜ
||Best linear fit, 0° to 85°C (1)
|Temperature Coefficient of R
||Best fit, 0° to 85°C (1)
|Noise Equivalent Power
||DC, NEP= Vn HA/Vs (2)
||DC, D*=Vs/ Vn H√A (2)
||Chopped, -3dB point (1)
|Field of View
||See Assembly Drawings for FOV Description.
||Standard package hole size: Φ.080”
General Specifications: Flat spectral response from 100nm to > 100μm. Linear signal output from 10-6 to 0.1W/cm2. Maximum incident radiance 0.1W/cm2, damage threshold ≥ .5W/cm2
Notes: (1) Parameter is not 100% tested. 90% of all units meet these specifications. (2) A is detector area in cm2. (3) Test Conditions: 500K Blackbody source; Detector active surface 10cm from 0.6513cm Diameter Blackbody Aperture.
*Protected by U.S. Patent No. 5,059,543 and U.S. Patent No. 5,100,479
The general specifications of the S60M TO-18 are listed below:
- Flat spectral response from 100nm to > 100µm
- Linear signal output from 10-6 to 0.1W/cm2
- Maximum incident radiance is 0.1W/cm2
- Damage threshold is ≥ 0.5W/cm2
- Specifications apply at 23°C with KBr window and nitrogen encapsulating gas
- Parameter is not 100% tested. 90% of all units meet these specifications.
- A is detector area in cm2.
- Test conditions: 500K Blackbody source; detector active surface 10cm from 0.6513cm diameter blackbody aperture.