The ST60 LCC is a single-channel silicon-based thermopile that comes in a LCC package for surface mount assembly with a small active area of 0.61 x 0.61mm.
With a low temperature coefficient of responsivity of -0.04%/°C, the thermopile detector has a time constant of 18ms with nitrogen encapsulation gas. It exhibits a very short thermal shock response to changes in the ambient temperature.
The ST60 LCC offers the following benefits:
- Low cost surface mount assembly
- Small active area size with medium output
The options available include:
- A range of optical filter options are available
- ST60R LCC version offers a cost-effective (20% tolerance) poly-silicon resistor for use as a PTC thermistor
- Internal 30kΩ 5% NTC chip thermistor delivers ambient package temperature measurement
- Internal aperture accurately defines active area for applications with FOV and/or spot size requirements
The following are the applications of ST60 LCC:
- Ideal for non-contact temperature measurement
- Horizon sensor
The technical specifications of the ST60 LCC are summarized in the following table:
|Active Area size
||.61 x .61
||Hot junction size, per element.
|Number of Junctions
|Number of Channels
||Per detector package.
||DC, H=330μW/cm2 (3)
||DC, ℜ=Vs/HA (2)
|Temperature Coefficient of ℜ
||Best linear fit, 0° to 85°C (1)
|Temperature Coefficient of R
||Best fit, 0° to 85°C (1)
|Noise Equivalent Power
||DC, NEP= Vn HA/Vs (2)
||DC, D*=Vs/ Vn H√A (2)
||Chopped, -3dB point (1)
|Field of View
||See Assembly Drawings for FOV Description.
||Standard package hole size: Φ.150”
||Short durations to 125°C possible
|ST150R Thermistor Option
||PTC Poly-Silicon resistor on detector die.
|ST150R Thermistor Temperature Coefficient of R
||ΔR/(RΔT), Best fit, 0° to 85°C (1)
General Specifications: Flat spectral response from 100nm to > 100μm. Linear signal output from 10-6 to 0.1W/cm2. Maximum incident radiance 0.1W/cm2, damage threshold ≥ .5W/cm2
Notes: (1) Parameter is not 100% tested. 90% of all units meet these specifications. (2) A is detector area in cm2. (3) Test Conditions: 500K Blackbody source; Detector active surface 10cm from 0.6513cm Diameter Blackbody Aperture.
The general specifications of the ST60 LCC are listed below:
- Flat spectral response from 100nm to > 100µm
- Linear signal output from 10-6 to 0.1W/cm2
- Maximum incident radiance is 0.1W/cm2
- Damage threshold is ≥ 0.5W/cm2
- Specifications apply at 23°C with KBr window and nitrogen encapsulating gas
- Parameter is not 100% tested. 90% of all units meet these specifications.
- A is detector area in cm2.
- Test Conditions: 500K Blackbody source; Detector active surface 10cm from 0.6513cm Diameter Blackbody Aperture.