The Dexter Research Center’s DexTemp™ 1000 is a small, cost-effective, calibrated, non-contact alerting thermometer designed to monitor an object’s temperature using infrared technology. The tool can operate in combination with a Windows® based computer. The computer’s USB port powers the tool. The DexTemp™ 1000 is based on Dexter’s expertise in infrared thermopile technology.
The software offers real-time temperature plots, data logging on the computer and high or low temperature variations via SMS text and email alerts. The user can set the temperature alert limits.
The DexTemp™ is programmed to alert the user anytime if something goes off track, regardless of the location of user, by utilizing globally enabled networking, SMS mobile messaging, and email to guarantee notification. Likewise, text/email notification is sent when temperature returns to pre-determined limits. The alerts can be both audible and visual alarms on computer.
The tool is capable of monitoring the temperature of equipment, such as process controls, A/C, HVAC, server rooms, livestock, refrigerated goods, wine cellars, freezers, perishable products or others likely to be affected by temperature that is critical to the overall operation.
There are no subscriptions, no ongoing fees and no required service plans. The onscreen graphing allows full logging of all data along with onscreen graphing.
The DexTemp™ 1000 package consists of the following items - DexTemp™ 1000 sensor unit, Windows® software on mini-DVD ROM, USB 3Ft cable, user manual in PDF format on mini-DVD.
The main features of the DexTemp™ 1000 include:
- Monitors temperature of an object and sends SMS text and email alerts when object temperature exceeds high and low temperature thresholds set by user
- Non-contact infrared temperature measurement ranging from -20°C to 380°C (-4°F to 716°F)
- Temperature measurements are performed twice per second
- Temperature data logging can be stored on computer for future reference and analysis
- Selectable “time threshold exceeded” before alert
- 35° field of view
- Cost-effective with no monitoring fees; however, standard text messaging rates may apply
- Software is easy to install and set-up
- Three DexTemp™ 1000 can be displayed and plotted simultaneously on one computer
- Small sensor size 1.8”x 0.8” x0.75”
- Device names can be assigned by user
- Typical tripod mount with ¼”-20 threaded hole
- Automatic restart after power outage. It needs extra computer Bios set-up
- Operates with Windows® 7, Windows® XP or Windows® 8 operating systems
The applications of the DexTemp™ 1000 include:
- IT server temperature monitoring
- Liquid temperature measurement
- Alert for potential freeze or overheat conditions
- Monitor temperature for home beer brewing
- Monitor temperature of indoor gardens and grow rooms
- Industrial uses
DexTemp 1000 Non-Contact Infrared Temperature Monitor from Dexter Research
DexTemp 1000 Temperature Monitor Specifications
Industrial Processing Temperature Monitoring
IT Server Temperature Monitoring
Only DexTemp® can be aimed to monitor specific high-value products and equipment
Warehouse Temperature Monitoring