The IR5500 is an open path infrared (IR) gas detector capable of continuously monitoring flammable gas leaks over huge open areas. It has the potential to monitor in both the ppm-m and LEL-m ranges in order to detect both large and small leaks.
Due to its high sensitivity to gas concentrations at the ppm levels, the IR5500 offers the benefits of early detection. This feature permits it to alarm faster than an LEL-only detector. Adjustable mounting arms and digital display guarantee effortless alignment. The IR5500 is factory calibrated for low-maintenance operation.
- Suitable for use in harsh environments (-55 °C)
- Single detection beam reduces drift and enhances accuracy
- Continuous self-check for fail-to-safe operation
- Unitized display makes it simple to operate
- Sensitive to both large (LEL.meter) and small (ppm.meter) gas leaks using dual detection ranges
- Automatic gain control compensates for dirty optics, fog, and rain
- Multiple communication outputs (HART, AMS support, Modbus) provide complete status and control capability in the control room