The IR400 Infrared (IR) Point Detector from MSA is a hydrocarbon gas detector that constantly monitors combustible gases and vapors within the lower explosive limit (LEL) and delivers alarm indication. It offers an industry-leading response time of three seconds, even with a splash guard installed.
The electronics are held within an explosion-proof housing so that the IR400's detector information can be processed locally. Configurations with Modbus, analog output and HART are also available.
- Industry-leading speed and response: T90 ≤ 3 seconds even with splash guard installed
- Industry standard 4-20 mA output offers remote alarm and fault indication
- No regular calibration required thus decreasing maintenance costs
- Heated optics eliminate condensation
- Dirty optics indication discriminates between true fault and cleaning necessities
- Multiple communication outputs provide full status and control capability in the control room
- Rapid calibration times decrease amount of cal gas needed which lowers maintenance time and costs
- FM (Canada)
- DNV GL