The FL500 UV/IR Flame Detector delivers rapid flame detection with increased immunity to false alarms, whilst remaining compact.
The FL500 UV/IR Flame Detector is constantly monitoring for both ultraviolet (UV) and infrared (IR) radiation emitted by a flame. Monitoring both areas of the spectrum at once allows improved response times and increased false alarm immunity against sources of radiation for reliable protection.
- Proven Technology. UV/IR flame detection uses an infrared and an ultraviolet detector to monitor for flames increasing false alarm immunity by measuring two different flame spectrums.
- FM Performance Approved. Six different fuel sources (heptane, methane, methanol, propane, ethane, butane) were used in testing, with a verified field of view.
- Wide Field of View. A verified 130° cone of vision covers greater distance.
- Safety Integrity Self-Check. Every two minutes the Continuous Optical Path Monitoring (COPM) performs a self-check to ensure a clear optical path and functional electronic circuitry.
- Test Anytime, Anywhere. Easily test with MSA’s exclusive TL105 Test Lamp that allows the FL500 UV/IR Flame Detector to be safely tested under real fire conditions with a simulated flicker of a flame.
- Withstands Extremes. With a wide operating temperature range (-55 °C to +85 °C), the system can comfortably operate in extreme environments.
- Status at a Glance. Three LED status indicators for warning, alarm and normal operations.
- Rugged Housing. 316 stainless steel housing to withstand the harshest environments
- Multiple Output Options. Industry standard 4-20 mA (source or sink analog), Modbus, HART, relays
FL500 UV/IR Flame Detector
FL500 UV/IR Flame Detector - Picture 1
FL500 UV/IR Flame Detector - Picture 2
FL500 UV/IR Flame Detector - Picture 3
FL500 UV/IR Flame Detector - Picture 4
FL500 UV/IR Flame Detector - Picture 5