Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "High-End Gyroscopes, Accelerometers and IMUs for Defense, Aerospace & Industrial" report to their offering.
The 2014 market for high-performance gyroscopes, which was estimated at $1.37B, is therefore expected to grow at a 4.4% annual rate to reach $1.69B in 2019
High-performance gyroscopes and inertial measurement units (IMUs) form a large and dynamic market, traditionally dominated by defense and aerospace applications. But, over the last couple of years, this landscape has slowly changed. Defense and aerospace are still clearly driving the market, but game-changing MEMS innovations are bringing new momentum to the commercial aerospace and industrial sectors.
Dynamic growth near term in this global market ios expected because of two factors:
- First, while in the defense and aerospace sectors the US and European markets are best described as conservative and mature, many new programs are being launched in China, Russia, Brazil, and the Middle East. These will provide a high level of demand.
- Second, low-cost emerging MEMS are fueling growth of the IMU market and opening doors for many new applications.
The IMU market is very concentrated; a few big companies are dominant. Honeywell, Northrop Grumman Litef and Sagem are the clear leaders. Meanwhile, the MEMS accelerometer market is growing thanks to cost and size reduction and is still dominated by Honeywell, while other technologies are in decline. In-house accelerometer production is a trend followed by more players in this area, such as iXBlue and UTC Aerospace/AIS Goodrich, enabling better integration and performance. Furthermore, consolidation and cooperation in this industry is continuing. For example, recently, TowerJazz and Physical Logic announced production of high performance MEMS-based accelerometers for inertial navigation applications.
In addition, many newcomers are looking to enter the market with low-cost MEMS-based products and different approaches. New players like Innalabs or Tronics, could play a major role in the coming years. If further proof was needed; Thales bought 50% of the shares available in Tronics' IPO few days ago, betting it will disrupt the market with new applications in the near future.
This report describes application evolution and market shares among the different types of devices and technologies in detail.
- An understanding of high-end gyroscope and accelerometer technologies, markets and player dynamics
- Market data in units and $M for 2014 - 2019
- An high-end applications overview (defense, commercial aerospace and industrial)
- An understanding of current and future trends
- Update of 2012 - 2019 gyroscope, IMU and accelerometer markets (in units, $US)
- New analysis on accelerometer markets
- Pricing trends have been updated
- Specific focus on new emerging applications
This report highlights the expected new applications and the competing technologies which are able to support these developments.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Introduction, definitions & methodology
2. Executive summary
3. 2012-2019 market and competition overview
4. Industrial / medical / commercial naval / offshore applications
5. Commercial aerospace applications
6. Defense applications
7. Gyroscope technologies
8. Silicon / Quartz MEMS gyroscopes
9. Fiber Optic Gyroscopes (FOG)
10. Ring Laser Gyroscopes (RLG)
11. HRG and emerging gyro technologies
12. Accelerometer technologies
13. Conclusion and perspectives
Companies Mentioned: 30 of the 64 Companies Featured
- Al Cielo
- Analog Devices
- L3 Communication
- Moog / Crossbow
- NG Italia
- Northrop Grumman Litef
- SBG Systems
- Sensors in Motion
- ST Microelectronics
- Tokyo Keiki
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/9xfsw7/highend