The PR2 soil moisture profile probe from Delta-T Devices enables users to monitor their soil water profiles with great ease and flexibility. It comes in analogue and digital (SDI-12)* versions.
By installing an access tube into the soil, inserting the PR2 Profile Probe, and pressing the HH2 [Read] button, users can instantaneously obtain soil water profile data.
On the other hand, by connecting the PR2 Profile Probe to a data logger, they can acquire data on soil moisture evolution over time.
The PR2 soil moisture probe is based on patented sensing technology, which delivers outstanding performance in all types of soil and does not get largely affected by either temperature or salinity.
It is offered in two sizes to provide measurements to a depth of 40 cm or 100 cm. The PR2/4 model provides soil moisture measurements at 4 depths down to 40 cm, while the PR2/6 provides measurements at 6 depths down to 100 cm.
The following are the key features of the PR2 soil moisture profile probe:
- Supplied with soil calibrations for common soil types
- Portable meter option provides convenient multi-site measurement
- Low salinity and temperature sensitivity
- Soil moisture content - not just trends
- IP68 protected connectors for versatile connectivity
- Use of access tubes allows easy installation and minimal soil disturbance.
SDI-12 Digital version of the PR2
The PR2 SDI-12 is a digital alternative to the well-established analogue PR2 Profile Probe. It shares the many strengths of the analogue PR2 soil moisture probe, but with the addition of SDI-12 compatibility - allowing integration into new and existing SDI-12 systems.
- Multiple PR2 SDI-12 can be connected to a compatible data logger via a single cable
- Enables the creation of low cost highly flexible sensor networks
- Compatible with existing PR2 access tubes and augering kits
- Conforms to industry standard SDI-12 (v1.3) spec
- Flexible integration with 3rd party SDI-12 systems
- New low power design; ideal for remote sites