The Wiper™ System utilizes a tactile pressure sensor under various testing conditions to measure wiper blade to windshield interface force profiles. Measuring the distribution of force along the blade’s entire length at different positions on the windshield, the Wiper system provides important insights to improve design.
For instance, it is used as a tool for research and development to improve the performance of blade and wiper systems under different conditions, such as "lift-off."
A host of industry leaders – including Ford, Hyundai, Nissan, Bosch, Toyota, and Valeo – use this Wiper pressure measurement system to test the performance of their windshield wipers.
Wiper™ System helps achieve the following:
- Map distribution of force along wiper blade
- Access both real time or recorded data
- “Lift-off” testing through dynamic measurement
- Capture full wiper cycle by collecting and consolidating static measurements at different angles
- Graphic and analysis capabilities
Wiper pressure profile
Take a look at how pressure mapping helps in the evaluation of product performance, such as windshield wipers:
Pressure Mapping in R&D - Evaluating Product Performance