Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue: Intelligent Lighting Controls for Commercial Buildings
Sensors, Ballasts, Drivers, Switches, Relays, Controllers, and Communications Technologies for Networked Lighting Control: Market Analysis and Forecasts
The market for lighting controls in commercial buildings has transformed dramatically in recent years. Demand for local controls such as occupancy sensors and photosensors, as well as networked controls, is on the rise as adoption rates of LED lighting begin to climb and controls technology improves and becomes less expensive. Building owners and managers, many of whom have become accustomed to the idea of centrally monitoring and managing their HVAC systems, are beginning to expect the same level of control from their lighting systems.To meet this demand, different types of vendors are moving aggressively into the lighting controls market. Leading the innovative side of the market are pure-play startup companies, which are largely responsible for the proliferation of creative ways to visualize lighting usage and devise new strategies to manage lighting energy consumption. The traditional lighting companies have begun offering a complete range of lighting control products, from local sensors to building-wide software. Established building controls companies have also been expanding their capabilities to include lighting controls along with other building-wide control systems. Navigant Research forecasts that global revenue from networked lighting control equipment within commercial buildings will grow from $1.7 billion in 2013 to $5.3 billion in 2020.This Navigant Research report analyzes the global market for lighting controls for commercial buildings, including both new construction and retrofits. Sensors, ballasts, drivers, switches, relays, controllers, and communications technologies are examined, with a specific focus on networked lighting controls. The report details the market drivers for these technologies, as well as barriers to adoption, and includes profiles of select industry players. Market forecasts of unit shipments and revenue of each type of equipment, segmented by region and building type, extend through 2020. Forecasts are also broken out for control equipment in buildings with networked lighting controls, as well as for wireless lighting controls and LED drivers.
Key Questions Addressed:
- What major legislation will drive the adoption of lighting controls?
- Which barriers will most likely hinder the adoption of lighting controls?
- How can the potential barriers to lighting controls be addressed?
- What innovation trends related to lighting controls will emerge?
- What is the outlook for lighting control equipment by commercial building type and region?
- How will developments with LED lamps and wireless controls affect the lighting controls market?
- How are various companies positioned for success in the lighting controls market?
Who needs this report?
- Lighting control system suppliers
- Lighting control product manufacturers
- Lighting equipment manufacturers
- LED manufacturers and suppliers
- Commercial building owners and managers
- Architecture and engineering firms
- Energy efficiency and sustainability consultants
- Electric utilities
- Energy efficiency program administrators
- Energy service companies (ESCOs)
- Smart grid application vendors
- Energy regulators and policymakers
- Standards development organizations
- Investor community