The new PI 1M thermal camera from Optris has been particularly designed to handle temperature measurements of metals, as it displays a specifically higher emissivity at the short measurement wavelength of 1 μm compared to measurements in the formerly conventional wavelength range of 8–14 μm.
Together with the imaging of a thermal procedure, the high-performance sensor electronics enable a short reaction time of 1 ms for providing the temperature data of the center pixel.
- Up to 1 kHz frame rate for quick processing
- High dynamic CMOS detector with a resolution of up to 764 x 480 pixels
- Broad measurement ranges from 450 °C to 1800 °C without sub-ranges
- Real-time analog output with 1 ms response time
- 1 kHz line-scanning function possible
- Software and I/O interface included
- Wide-ranging software package and SDK included
Areas of Application for the Thermal Imager Optris PI 1M
The short wavelength of the ultra-compact Optris PI 1M infrared camera perfectly suits non-contact temperature measurements of metallic surfaces. Therefore, it is utilized, for example, in metal tempering and forming procedures.