Ametek’s Gemco 950 Series Mill Duty Housing is built for applications where mounting a standalone rod style Linear Displacement Transducer (LDT) (also known as a linear position sensor) is prohibitive. Any environmental conditions, potential physical damage, or mounting restrictions are all elements that are involved in specifying a linear position sensor that will perform faultlessly for years to come.
The 950MD housing has been designed to remove all the above issues by protecting the LDT from physical and environmental damage such as temperature, shock and vibration, corrosives, or dust and debris. Furthermore, the 950MD provides a simple two-point mounting scheme that will compensate for lateral and/or horizontal movement of the machine while in process. The 950MD housing is engineered to retrofit current cylinders with cylinder position sensors providing a continuous position feedback signal, thus ensuring the process of factory automation.
- Cylinder position sensor
- Stainless steel protective housing
- Simple two-point mounting offers lateral and horizontal movement to compensate for machine slop
- Sensor length up to 240"
- Air purges to help cool electronics
- Optional protective bellows
- Optional front and rear rod ends
- Optional quick disconnect connectors