GEMCO is the industry leader in rotary position products with more than 50 years of experience. The company designs packaging sensors that can survive the most hostile environments. The company’s experience on bridges, dams, steel mills, locks, shipyards, foundries, stamping presses, and many other challenging industries has provided it with the capability to offer numerous custom sensor packages to match literally any requirement.
The largest selection of standard and custom limit switches is available. With more than 1,000,000 possible combinations in its standard units alone, the company can definitely deliver a Cambox to suit your specific application.
A rotating cam limit switch or Cambox enables open or close independent circuits at any preferred angular position. The 3” diameter plastic cams are modifiable for dwells of 4 degrees through 356 degrees. Electrical limit switches are available in DPDT and SPDT configurations. Gear reducers and multipliers can also be purchased. The 1980 Cambox is available with up to 40 cams/circuits packaged in regular steel or stainless-steel enclosures. A number of custom features have been designed and are available for this product.
Optional 6” diameter all metal cams are also available for tough and challenging environments. The 1980 Cambox can also be provided with an internal size 11 resolver, which offers a continuous position output signal that can be interfaced with a resolver interface device. PLC cards and standalone devices are usually used to deliver the resolver excitation and process the sine/cosine return signals. Resolvers offer an absolute position feedback signal and are very immune to vibration, shock, and all forms of electrical noise.
- Precision cam adjustment at any angular position of the camshaft
- GEMCO rugged duty precision snap-action switches
- Speeds from 0 to 500 RPM in either direction
- No special cams necessary for any contact setting from 4° to 356°
- U.L. recognized switches under file E56660
- Accurate repeatability
- No tools required to adjust cam setting
- Straight drive and right angle gear reducers
- Timing dial and timing dial windows
- Special shaft extension and keyway
- Double-ended shafts
- Heaters and thermostats
- Resolvers, encoders or potentiometers driven off the camshaft
- Adjustable coupling
- Stainless steel - Nema 4X
- Special cams and Large 6” Metal Cams for Higher Resolution
- Special conduit opening
- Add-a-cam feature