The Gemco Series 956 BLOK Housing is designed for applications where mounting a standalone Rod or Profile style Linear Displacement Transducer (LDT), also known as a linear position sensor, is prohibitive. The 956 BLOK is a Rod and Barrel style housing for the 955 BRIK Series of magnetic position sensors. This housing adds a chamber, magnet and piston. The streamlined anodized aluminum extrusion houses the sensing element and electronical parts well protected. The piston assembly moves over the sensing element that determines the position and converts it to a readable output.
The 956 BLOK is a self-contained unit and does not have a can or head assembly. The advanced electronics are incorporated in the magnetic position sensor which is less than 1.5 inches square. The individual devices can be ordered in span lengths up to 36 inches long in 0.1inch increments.
The 956 BLOK is designed for applications where economical continuous feedback is crucial. The magnetic sensor is a cost-effective replacement to limit and proximity sensors and linear potentiometers. Applications include presses, blow molding, injection molding, extrusion, roll positioning, wicket gates and many more.
- Simple two-point mounting offers Lateral and Horizontal Movement to compensate for machine slop
- Optional Front and Rear Rod ends
- Male & Female Barrel thread options
- Sensor Length up to 36"
- Analog Outputs, 0-10 VDC, +/-10 VDC, 0-5 VDC, +/-5 VDC, 4-20 mA
- Digital Outputs, Start/Stop, Variable Pulse (PWM), Control Pulse
- Encapsulation: IP67 Rating, IP68 Optional
- Tri-color Diagnostic LED
- Programmable Zero & Span