The GEMCO 958 Series Linear Displacement Transducer (LDT) is developed to meet the demanding processing challenges found in the mobile hydraulics industry. The 958 Series is available in two different package styles. The Embedded Style is a 48-millimeter package that is designed to be embedded inside of mobile hydraulic cylinders.
The 958 Compact Housing cylinder position sensor is designed with the hydraulic cylinder market in mind. The 958 is a rugged, accurate, programmable zero and span, auto-tuning, non-contact linear displacement transducer in a compact housing rod-style package. The 958 compact housing is less than 1.2" in depth, which allows the unit to be installed in applications where traditional rod style transducers will not fit, or in applications where customers are looking to simplify installation and serviceability of the sensor. The transducer is made entirely from stainless steel and utilizes our field-proven magnetostrictive technology to give absolute analog position feedback, accurate to 0.04% of the programmable sensing distance.
A variety of different analog outputs with field programmable Zero & Span points are available. The 958 Series cylinder position sensors feature auto-tuning capability, which allows the unit to sense a magnet other than the standard ring magnetic position sensor and adjust its signal strength accordingly. The device also includes a diagnostic feature that will indicate to the host controller if there is an issue with the sensor, or if the magnet has moved outside of its sensing range.
All units come 100% calibrated from the factory. Specifications and approvals may vary depending on model.
- Analog Outputs, 0-10 VDC, 0-5 VDC, .25-4.75 VDC, .5-4.5VDC, 4-20 mA
- Shock Resistance to 1000 Gs (lab tested)
- Vibration Resistance to 30 Gs (lab tested)
- Resolution to 16-bits
- Linearity +/- 0.01% to +/- 0.04% of span or +/- 0.008” whichever is greater
- Input Range of 8-30 VDC
- Temperature Range of -40 °C to 105 °C
- Encapsulation: IP68 Rating
- Programmable Zero & Span
- Sensor Length up to 100"
- Multiple Connector Options
- CE (2014/30/EU when installed in grounded metal housing)
- ROHS 2011/65/EU
- Electromagnetic Compatibility – Part 6-4: Generic Standards – Emission standards for Industrial Environments EN61000-6-4
- Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) Part 6-2: Generic Standards – Immunity for Industrial Environments EN61000-6-2
- Agricultural and Forestry Machinery ISO 14982:1998
- Road Vehicles – Electrical Disturbances from narrowband Radiated Electromagnetic Energy 5: Stripline ISO 11452-5
- Road Vehicles – Electrical Disturbances from Conduction and Coupling ISO 7637-1/2/3
- Earth Moving Machinery ISO 13766
- Industrial Trucks EN 12895
- Railway Applications EN 50121-3-2