Amphenol Advanced Sensors has introduced Thermometrics Waterproof IP68 Temperature Sensors that include types JI and JIC NTC thermistors. Both versions of the thermistors have been shaped onto a flexible circular cable.
Thermoplastic elastomer rubber has been used for the tip and the outer cable insulation material. The tinned copper conductors include separate polypropylene insulation. The type JIC thermistor comes with the option of a stainless-steel housing.
- Heat pumps
- Water heaters
- Outdoor temperature measurement
- Weather stations
- Fish tanks
- Under-floor heating
- Available in wire lengths ranging from 300 to 5000 mm (11.8 inches to 16.4 feet)
- Waterproof in compliance with IP68
- Resists thaw or freeze cycling
- Halogen-free cable
- The extension cable and sensor tip are molded together as one hot vulcanized unit