Analog Devices, Inc. announced today the Power by Linear™ LTC3372, a highly integrated power management solution for systems that require multiple low voltage outputs generated from an input voltage as high as 60 V. The LTC3372 features a 60 V synchronous buck switching regulator controller followed by four configurable synchronous monolithic buck regulators. This combination provides up to five high efficiency low quiescent current outputs in a single IC, ideal for automotive, industrial and medical applications.
The LTC3372’s buck controller operates over a 4.5 V to 60 V input voltage range and drives an all N-channel MOSFET power stage. Its output can be programmed to either 3.3 V or 5 V and can generate an output current up to 20 A. The controller output is typically used to feed the four monolithic buck regulators. Each monolithic buck channel can be programmed to regulate an output voltage as low as 0.8 V with a configurable output current up to 4 A. Eight 1 A integrated power stages are programmed by the C1-C3 pins into one of eight unique configurations, from a quad 2 A buck to a dual 4 A buck. This allows only one inductor per channel.
The LTC3372 offers a low IQ solution ideal for battery-powered or automotive applications in which one or more power supply rails are always on. With just the high voltage controller enabled, the device draws 15 µA from a 12 V input supply while regulating the output to 5 V at no load. Each monolithic buck regulator adds only 8 µA of additional IQ per channel enabled. The LTC3372’s monolithic buck switching frequency can be programmed from 1 MHz to 3 MHz and can be synchronized to an external clock while the buck controller switches at 1/6 of this frequency. Additional features include foldback current limiting, soft-start, short-circuit protection and output overvoltage protection.
The LTC3372 is available from stock in a thermally enhanced 48-pin 7 mm × 7 mm QFN package. E and I grades are specified over an operating junction temperature range of –40 °C to 125 °C, and the H grade features operation from –40 °C to 150 °C. For more information, visit www.analog.com/LTC3372.
Summary of Features: LTC3372
- High Voltage Buck Controller: VIN = 4.5 V to 60 V, VOUT = 5V/3.3 V
- Low Voltage Buck Regulators: VINA-H = 2.25 V to 5.5 V, VOUT1-4 ≥ 0.8 V
- 8 ×1 A LV Buck Integrated Power Stages, Configurable as 2, 3 or 4 Output Channels
- 8 Unique Output Configurations (1 A to 4 A per Channel)
- Low Total No-Load Input Supply Current (IQ)
- 15 μA HV Controller Only (5 VOUT)
- 23 μA HV Controller Only (3.3 VOUT)
- 9 μA Per Additional LV Regulator Channel
- 1 MHz to 3 MHz Operation (HV Controller Runs at 1/6 Frequency)
- Programmable Frequency or Synchronizable to External Clock
- Programmable Watchdog & Power-On Reset Delay
- IC Die Temperature Monitor Output
- Thermally Enhanced 48-Pin7 mm × 7 mm QFN Package
Pricing & Availability
||Price Each Per 1,000
||Starts at $5.75
||Thermally Enhanced 7 mm × 7 mm 48-Lead QFN