Toshiba Corporation (TOKYO: 6502) today announced that it has launched a new ARM Cortex™-M3-core-based TX03 series microcontroller, "TMPM36BF10FG", with 1Mbyte flash ROM and 258Kbytes SRAM. Mass production is scheduled to start in September.
TMPM36BF10FG integrates a large-capacity memory and the range of serial interfaces required for integrating measurement-and-communication systems into one chip. The 258Kbytes of embedded SRAM stores system information and a wide range of measured data, and enables implementation of middleware and a real-time OS. It also supports complex data processing, such as data privacy protection for communication systems.
In addition, TMPM36BF10FG incorporates a multi-purpose timer for controlling power devices, such as motor applications, ensuring it can also be applied to system control (such as motor control), office automation equipment and factory automation.
Through optimization of circuit design, the TMPM36BF10FG consumes 2/3 of the power of equivalent products, even with a large memory size and while supporting a wide variety of IPs.
The microcontroller has pin compatibility with TMPM36BFYFG, which has a smaller memory and which is scheduled to start mass production in November 2013. Either microcontroller can be selected for a system, depending on required memory size, without any re-design of the printed circuit board.
EMS equipment, motor control equipment, communication devices, monitors, printers, POS terminals and general industrial equipment.
|Mass Production Volume
||One million a month
- CPU: Cortex™-M3
- Maximum Operation Frequency: 64MHz
- On-Chip Memory: Flash 1024K bytes (1M byte)
SRAM 258K bytes (including the backup area 2K bytes)
- Communication I/F: I2C/SIO 3 channels, SIO/UART 4 channels, Full UART 2 channels, SSP 3 channels
- DMA: 32 channels (2units)
- 16-bit Timer: 8 channels
- Multi-Purpose Timer: 4 channels (supporting three-phase PWM control and IGBT control)
- AD Converter: 12-bit successive approximation type 16 channels (1µsec conversion time)
- Remote Control Reception: 1 channel (block receiving)
- External Memory Bus: Available (8-bit/16-bit multiplex connection)
- Real Time Clock: 1 channel
- Watchdog timer: 1 channel
- Supply voltage: 2.7V to 3.6V (single supply)Package: LQFP100 (14mm × 14mm, 0.5mm pitch)
||DMA: Direct Memory Access
1K byte is calculated as 1024 bytes.
Follow this link for more on this product.
For Toshiba's ARM Core-based Microcontoller, please visit: