HFS series Heat Flux Sensor functions as a self-generating thermopile transducer. It requires no special wiring, reference junctions or signal conditioning. A readout is accomplished by connecting a sensor to any direct reading dc microvoltmeter or recorder. The HFS series sensor is designed for precise measurement of heat loss or gain on any surface. It can be mounted on flat or curved surfaces, and employs butt-bonded junctions with a very low thermal profile for efficient reading. The HFSs utilize a multi-junction thermopile construction and is available in two different sensitivity ranges. The carrier is a polyimide film which is bonded using a PFA lamination process.
The sensor also has an integral thermocouple for discrete temperature measurement needed to describe the heat flux.
- Two Heat Flux Sensitivity Levels
- Type K Thermocouple is Standard
- Conveniently Interfaces with Voltmeters or Recorders and Temperature Indicators
- Easily Attaches to Curved and Flat Surfaces
- Temperature Range from -200 to 150°C (-330 to 300°F)