The OS-MINIUSB from Omega Engineering is a tiny infrared sensor designed to measure the surface temperature of a liquid or a solid without contact. It has the ability to measure non-metal surfaces between -20 and 1000 °C, with a response time of 125 ms.
Materials including thick plastics, food, paper, organic materials, and rubber, as well as painted metals and most dirty, oily, or rusty surfaces are measured safely, accurately and cleanly.
A choice of optics is available to measure large or small targets at distances ranging from a few millimeters up to tens of meters.
The OS-MINIUSB has a sturdy stainless steel housing that is sealed to IP65, and is engineered to handle ambient temperatures of up to 75 °C.
The sensor is only 45 mm long (plus cable gland), so it can placed into very small spaces. The USB interface is integrated into the sensor, so additional bulky interface modules are not required.
Benchtop and Laboratory
The robustness and precision of Omega’s industrial pyrometers and the plug-and-play convenience of USB makes the OS-MINIUSB an ideal fixed mount IR temperature sensor for experimentation and testing.
The OS-MINIUSB is suitable for teaching science concepts such as reflectivity, energy transfer, internal energy, emissivity, thermal conductivity, and insulation.
- Measures non-metal surfaces from -20 to 1000 °C
- Tiny non-contact temperature sensor with USB communications
- USB cable and PC software included for data logging and configuration
- Open Modbus® protocol: User’s own software can be used to communicate with the sensor
- Rapid response time: 125 ms
The key specifications of the OS-MINIUSB are as follows:
- Accuracy: ±1% of reading or ±1 °C whichever is greater
- Temperature range: -20 to 1000 °C (-4 to 1832 °F)
- Emissivity setting: 0.2 to 1.0
- Spectral range: 8 to 14 µm
- Repeatability: ±0.5% of reading or ±0.5 °C whichever is greater
- Interface: USB
- Response time: t90 125 ms (90% response)
- Supply current: 50 mA max
- Supply voltage: 5 Vdc (provided by USB)
Virtual Com Port
- Format: 8 data bits, no parity, 1 stop bit*
- Baud Rate: 9600 baud*
- Protocol: Modbus over Serial Line
*Other configurations available upon request.
- Configurable parameters: Averaging, emissivity setting, reflected energy compensation
- Configuration method: Through USB using included software or Modbus
- Construction: Stainless steel
- Weight with cable: 85 g
- Thread mounting: M16 x 1 mm pitch
- Dimensions: 18 mm diameter x 45 mm length
- Cable length: 1.5 m
- Ambient temperature: 0 to 75 °C
- Environmental rating: IP65
- Relative humidity: 95% max, non-condensing
- Electromagnetic compatibility: EN61326-1, EN61326-2-3 (Electrical equipment for measurement, control and laboratory use - EMC requirements - industrial)
- RoHS compliant: Yes