Digi International®, a leading global provider of machine-to-machine (M2M) and Internet of Things (IoT) connectivity products and services, today announced the key company activities taking place during Sensors Expo and Conference, which will be held at the McEnerny Convention Center in San Jose, June 27-29, 2017. Digi will be exhibiting its solutions at booth #1231.
Sensors Expo and Conference is the industry’s only event dedicated to sensors and sensor-integrated systems. During the three-day event, Digi representatives will host a series of ongoing presentations and demonstrations featuring a number of Digi M2M and IoT products, including two new offerings:
- Digi XBee® Cellular, an FCC- and carrier-certified module that allows Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) quickly and easily integrate cellular connectivity into their designs
- Digi Connect® Sensor+, an enterprise-ready, battery-powered cellular gateway solution for connecting to a wide range of external sensors, especially in remote locations.
Sessions and Demonstrations
At the show, Digi representatives will conduct sessions, preview upcoming products and showcase current solutions including the following:
- Pre-Conference Symposium: On Tuesday, June 27, from 10:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. in Meeting Room 211D, Brent Nelson, senior product manager at Digi International, will be presenting, “Maximizing LTE Technology for Remote Sensor Monitoring” as part of the Embedded Technology - Designing for the Industrial IoT track. The session will review critical developments in cellular LTE roadmaps, including emerging and sunsetting technologies, most important to sensor OEMs and solution providers. This discussion will give an overview of the LTE roadmap, a description of new technologies, and how they specifically address application challenges in the industrial sensor markets.
- Embedded Theater Session: On Wednesday, June 28, from 2:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m., Quinn Jones, senior business development manager at Digi International, will be presenting, “The Transformative Power of Cellular IoT for Embedded Sensor Applications.” The discussion will focus on the impact of new 3GPP standards for LTE-M/Cat-M1 and NB-IoT, and their transformative effect on market applications for embedded sensors. The session will assist developers in understanding the new tools and capabilities that are helping OEMs unleash innovation and bring more reliable, secure and cost effective solutions to market.
- Digi XBee Cellular – Since the introduction of the North American (LTE CAT 1) version, Digi XBee Cellular has been providing a simple path to cellular connectivity and solving a major problem for OEMs that need to provide cellular solutions for remote equipment monitoring and control. At the show, Digi will be highlighting the capabilities and outlining the roadmap for the upcoming 3G Global, NB-IoT, and LTE-M variants.
- In-booth demo: Digi will be showcasing Digi XBee Cellular's brand-new onboard programmability features through a demonstration based upon an agricultural application.
- Digi Connect Sensor+ – Introduced in March, Digi Connect Sensor+ provides a “rollout ready” solution for remote sensor monitoring to be deployed in low or no power environments previously considered too harsh, remote or not economically viable to reach.
- BYOS in-booth demo: At the show, Digi will be hosting “Bring-Your-Own-Sensor” demonstration where attendees are encouraged to bring their sensors to see how easy it is to incorporate them into IoT solutions. At the booth, Digi sales engineers will connect the provided sensors to a live Digi Connect Sensor+ demo. Within minutes attendees will see sensor data (i.e., level, flow, temperature, pressure, optical) in the Digi Remote Manager platform, or locally using the Digi Connect Wizard mobile application connected via Bluetooth.