VectorNav Technologies will be exhibiting at the Sensor Expo 2013 Conference at Booth # 317, June 4-6, in Rosemont, Illinois and will be introducing an improved firmware version for its VN-200 GPS-Aided Inertial Navigation System (GPS/INS).
Nominated for the Innovation Award at this year's Sensor Expo, VectorNav's VN-200 is the world's first GPS/INS available in a surface mount package. The VN-200 incorporates a suite of individually calibrated, MEMS-based 3-axis accelerometers, gyroscopes, and magnetometers, along with a barometric pressure sensor and a high-sensitivity GPS module, providing users with a coupled position, velocity and attitude solution at rates of up to 200 Hz.
Among the new features of the VN-200 GPS/INS to be introduced include the following:
- AHRS aiding and improved attitude performance during GPS outages and static conditions.
- Addition of the World Magnetic Model and Gravity Model into the INS algorithm.
- Binary protocol output.
- Higher INS output rates (up to 400 Hz).
- Higher IMU subsystem output rates (up to 1 kHz).
- Low latency (< 2 ms) for real-time applications.
- Delta Angles and Delta Velocities (Coning & Sculling).
- Improved robustness to multi-path issues.
- Improved GPS receiver sensitivity.
- Support for external GPS input.
VectorNav will also be exhibiting the VN-100 at the conference – its proven industrial grade MEMS-based Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU) and Attitude and Heading Reference System (AHRS), as well as its sensor fusion algorithm, the Vector Processing Engine™.
VectorNav's VN-100 and VN-200 can be used in a wide variety of industrial and military applications and are well suited for size, weight, power and cost (SWAP-C) constrained applications such as UAVs and other unmanned vehicle systems, camera/platform stabilization, guided munitions, heavy machinery monitoring, augmented and virtual reality, robotics, primary/secondary flight navigation, and flight simulation, among others.
For further information on the new VN-200 firmware or to schedule an appointment during the conference, please contact VectorNav Technologies, 903 N. Bowser Rd., Suite 200, Richardson, TX 75081. Tel: +1-512-772-3615; Fax: +1-512-772-3086; E-mail: [email protected]; Web: www.vectornav.com. For complete Press Kit please visit http://www.virtualpressoffice.com/kit/x4ki.