MKS Instruments, Inc. (NASDAQ: MKSI), a global provider of technologies that enable advanced processes and improve productivity, has announced a new line of high damage threshold laser power/energy sensors designed for CW lasers with high power densities, as well as long as for pulse lasers.
The Ophir® 1000W-LP2-34, L1500W-LP2-50, 5000W-LP2-50, and FL600A-LP2-65 feature a new LP2 coating that provides the highest damage threshold in the industry, 10kW/cm2 at 1kW power. The coating also reduces reflection – absorbs 95% at most wavelengths and is totally spectrally flat ±1% from 0.2µm to 1.1µm
The Ophir LP2 sensors cover a wide spectral range, from 0.35 – 2.2µm. In addition:
• The 1000W-LP2-34 has a 34mm aperture and can measure power from 5W to 1000W and energy from 400mJ to 300J. Maximum average power density is 20kW/cm2at 500W and 10kW/cm2 at 1000W.
• The L1500W-LP2-50 has a 50mm aperture and can measure power from 15W to 1500W and energy from 500mJ to 200J. Maximum average power density is 10kW/cm2 at 1000W and 5.5kW/cm2 at 1500W.
• The 5000W-LP2-50 has a 50mm aperture and can measure power from 20W to 5000W. Maximum average power density is 20kW/cm2 at 500W and 5kW/cm2 at 3000W and 2.5kW/cm2 at 5000W.
• The FL600A-LP2-65 has a 65mm aperture and can measure power from 500mW to 600W and energy from 600mJ to 600J. Maximum average power density is 33kW/cm2 at 150W and 11kW/cm2 at 600W.
The new LP2 coating offers very high absorption, which reduces dangerous and often harmful back reflection. The coating also provides very low dependence on beam angle, allowing the sensors to measure divergent high power lasers, such as diode laser bars, as well as collimated beams.
The 1000W-LP2-34 sensor is designed so that the only materials in contact with the cooling water are either copper or nonmetallic. This eliminates the possibility of contaminating the water or corroding the sensor, improving the accuracy and reliability of the measurements.
All Ophir thermal sensors feature a "Smart Connector" interface that operates with the company's StarBright, Vega, Nova II, and StarLite smart displays, and Juno compact USB PC interface. The display is automatically configured and calibrated when plugged into one of the company’s laser measurement heads.
Availability & Pricing
The 1000WP-LP2-34, L1500W-LP2-50, 5000W-LP2-50, and FL600A-LP2-65 laser power/energy sensors are available now. OEM prices available on request.
LP2 VIDEO: http://ow.ly/eu0c30cK8GE
• 1000W-LP2-34: http://ow.ly/oB9D30ch9nn
• L1500W-LP2-50: http://ow.ly/EPDd30ch9pB
• 5000W-LP2-50: http://ow.ly/qTAD30ch9qU
• FL600A-LP2-65: http://ow.ly/hm2M30cK9ne