This BCC Research report deals with gas metering and gas sensors/monitoring, including instrumentation, process control, and automation systems for different applications. It also describes and analyzes developments in the markets for commercial gas meters and gas sensors/monitors since 2010 and developing revised market projections that reflect these developments.
Use this report to:
- Learn about the current status and the future supply and demand issues for gas meters and sensors/monitors, providing consumers with insight into the dynamics of the business.
- Examine the applications enveloping various gas flow metering technologies.
- Gain information on design criteria and the importance of accuracy in gas sensors and metering technologies
- BCC Research estimates the global market for gas flow meters, sensors, monitors, and secondary flow instrumentation totaed $4.5 billion in 2013 and $4.8 billion in 2014. Growing at a projected compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.9%, the market should exceed $6.4 billion by 2019.
- Gas flow sensors/monitors market accounted for nearly $2.2 billion in 2013. The market segment is predicted to increase to $2.3 billion by 2014, and with a CAGR of 6.7% from 2014 to 2019, it is expected that the market will reach $3.2 billion by 2019.
- BCC Research estimates that the gas flow meters segment of the market will reach nearly $2.4 billion by 2019 up from $1.9 billion in 2014, a CAGR of 5.1% from 2014 to 2019.
STUDY GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
This report is an update of an earlier (2010) BCC Research study on gas metering and gas sensors/monitoring, including instrumentation, process control, and automation
systems for different applications. This updated report builds on the earlier work by describing and analyzing developments in the markets for commercial gas meters and
gas sensors/monitors since 2010 and developing revised market projections that reflect these developments. Specific objectives of this report thus include the following:
- Understanding metering requirements
- Appreciating design criteria and the importance of accuracy
- Understanding measurement concepts and types of error
- Understanding the basic concepts, principle of operation, and equipment used for gas metering, gas sensing/monitoring, secondary gas flow instrumentation, and sampling
- Understanding the typical operations, control functions and record keeping requirements
- Evaluating the application envelopes of the various gas flow metering technologies
- Providing a critical evaluation of the current status of gas meter and sensor/monitor commercial markets
- Analyzing the role of gas metering and sensing/monitoring in various applications segments, including custody transfer of natural gas, stack and flare systems, utilities, crude oil and natural gas production/ processing, and low gas flow rates (e.g., chemical manufacturing, and metal fabrication and processing)
- Discussing and analyzing the current status and future supply and demand issues for gas meters and sensors/monitors and thus providing consumers with an insight into
the dynamics of the business
- Identifying future business opportunities
REASONS FOR DOING THE STUDY AND INTENDED AUDIENCE
The market for gas flow meters and gas flow sensors and monitors has experienced considerable changes in the last four years, including internal changes (e.g., as a result
of technological developments) and external shifts, particularly the global economic weakness that has persisted since the 2008-2009 recession. This report provides information useful to anyone concerned with the manufacturing, marketing, operation, and maintenance of gas metering and gas sensing/monitoring systems, including the
- Operations engineers
- Graduate engineers
- Metering specialists/technicians
- Project developers
- Government experts from developed and developing countries
- Technology providers
- Verifiers/certifiers and validators
- Financial intermediaries (banks, insurance companies)
- Brokers and traders interested in metering and sensing/monitoring market developments and regulatory trends
- Law firms
- Accounting and auditing firms
- Marketing managers
- Senior petrochemical executives
SCOPE OF REPORT
This report presents data on demand for gas metering and gas sensors/monitors for different applications in current U.S. dollars for the major global regions. Market share
is presented for all major products, applications, gases, players/regions, and at the global level. Profiles are included for leading suppliers worldwide. The report begins with an overview of gas sensing and monitoring technologies, including a brief history, major products, and a market summary. Subsequent sections describe major gas sensing and monitoring technologies in greater detail, identify key suppliers, and present comprehensive market estimates and projections. A separate chapter examines the geographical structure of the market.
Both primary and secondary research methodologies were used in preparing this report. BCC Research conducted an extensive international user survey in preparing the previous edition of this report. Users in the following countries were interviewed:
Rest of the World
Central and South America
Africa and the Middle East
BCC Research supplemented the earlier survey's findings with a literature review and key-informant interviews. The results of this process were combined with BCC Research's analysis of historical trends in carbon dioxide (CO2) demand and projected trends in major market drivers to obtain the market estimates and projections
contained in this report.
Information sources include trade data (national and international), company publicity literature, conference reports, world trade technical journals, and interviews with
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/297997/