Xilinx, Inc. today announced that it has strengthened its portfolio for Embedded Vision and Industrial IoT markets with an expanded ecosystem and hardware platforms. This announcement complements Xilinx's new 16nm Zynq® UltraScale+™ MPSoC and software defined SDSoC™ development environments that became publicly available in 2015.
The combination of these new products, development environments, and the expanded ecosystem enables Xilinx customers to create highly differentiated and flexible applications for the rapidly growing Embedded Vision and Industrial IoT markets.
At Embedded World 2016 Hall 1/1-205, February 23–25, 2016, Xilinx and its ecosystem will showcase the latest Zynq UltraScale+ MPSoC products, SDSoC development environments, and the following offerings from its expanded ecosystem for Embedded Vision and Industrial IoT applications.
- Operating Systems: Both real-time and application level operating systems are available in support of the ARM® Cortex™ A53 application processor cores and hardened, real-time ARM R5 cores in the Zynq UltraScale+ MPSoCs. Industry leading OS providers include eSOL, FreeRTOS, Green Hills, Mentor Graphics, Micrium, Wind River, and others.
- Software Libraries: Expanded range of software library offerings are available from Xilinx Alliance Members, including Auviz, MulticoreWare, TERADEEP, and others. These libraries provide critical building blocks to support image and vision processing requiring computationally intensive algorithms at the edge and in the cloud for deep learning.
- Intellectual Property: High value hardware design IP is available in the following categories:
- Industrial Ethernet: Beckhoff, Bernecker and Rainer, HMS, and SoCe
- Power Conversion and Motion Control: QDesys
- Video/Connectivity: Digital Design Corporation, iVeia, OKI IDS, Omnitek, Sensor to Image, TED inrevium, Xilinx, and Xylon
- Codecs: A2e, Barco Silex, CoreEL, IBEX, intoPIX, NGCodec, PathPartner, and SOC Technologies.
- Design Services: A growing number of global design service partners offer end-to-end solution expertise. Partners include: A2e, Adeas, CoreEL, DDC, DornerWorks, Fidus, Ikerlan, iVeia, Knowledge Resources, MLE, HCL, OKI IDS, Omnitek, QDesys, Sysgo, TED inrevium, Topic, V3 Technology, Xilinx, and Xylon.
- Hardware Platforms and SOMs: A broad range of hardware platforms and SOMs are now available for the SDSoC development environments. Providers include: Avnet, Digilent, iVeia, Knowledge Resources, Sundance, TED inrevium, and V3 Technology. Other SOM providers include AlphaData, Coherent Video Systems, DAVE, Enclustra, Image Matters, Shenzhen MYIR Tech, and Trenz.
Visit the Featured Alliance Program Partners page to learn more about Xilinx's expanded ecosystem, or in person at the Xilinx booth at Embedded World 2016 Hall 1/1-205, February 23–25, 2016.