Synaptics Incorporated, the leading developer of human interface solutions, today announced sampling of its new 6x6mm Natural ID™ FS4500 fingerprint sensor solution. Synaptics' FS4500 solution delivers secure biometric authentication through glass or ceramic buttons, and recessed cover glass up to 300um thick. Durable glass buttons are increasingly being adopted on smartphones, and Synaptics, backed by the industry's most powerful security features, offers a wide array of shapes, sizes and finishes to meet any OEM's requirements.
Some of the new features of the FS4500 sensor that allow easy integration into mobile handset platforms include:
- Single voltage power supply
- Enhanced navigation capabilities based on Synaptics' market leading touchscreen technology
- Ability to control two ‘soft keys' with the fingerprint sensor
- Additional system level security via ultra-fast TLS-secured communication
- USB interface for simple PC integration
"Synaptics is the industry leading fingerprint sensor provider with nearly 300 million Natural ID units shipped, and our new FS4500 is a testament to human interface innovation in capacitive touch fingerprint sensing through glass," said Anthony Gioeli, vice president of marketing, Biometrics Product Division, Synaptics. "We are thrilled with the interest this new technology has garnered and are excited to continue executing on our path toward biometric authentication through thicker glass and into the display itself, leveraged by ongoing integration of our core company technologies."
- Natural ID product website
- Natural ID technology website
- Natural ID videos
Synaptics' Natural ID FS4500 is sampling now and expected to enter mass production in CYQ4 of 2016.