Semtech Corporation, a leading supplier of analog and mixed-signal semiconductors, today announced it will attend and showcase its LoRa® Wireless RF Technology at the sixth LoRa Alliance™ All Members Meeting hosted by SK Telecom at the Sheraton Seoul Palace Gangnam Hotel in Seoul, South Korea on Oct. 11-13. Semtech is a founding member of the LoRa Alliance, a group of nearly 400 companies committed to standardizing the LoRaWAN™ protocol based on LoRa Technology.
At the meeting, LoRa Alliance members will exhibit LoRaWAN-based solutions for IoT, including network infrastructures, IoT services, end user devices and more, as well as participate in planning sessions to enhance the Alliance ecosystem. There will also be a number of activities that are open to the public to learn more about the LoRa Alliance, the LoRaWAN protocol and the various IoT solutions in the LoRaWAN ecosystem on Oct. 13, including an open house from 11:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. and a LoRaWAN 101 training session from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. More information is available at www.lora-alliance.org.
“Semtech and several IoT industry leaders formed the LoRa Alliance in early 2015 to standardize the LoRaWAN protocol, which has since been adopted by some of the most innovative and influential companies in the world,” said Vivek Mohan, Director of Wireless Products for Semtech’s Wireless and Sensing Product Group. “Today, the LoRa Alliance has almost 400 members, and the LoRaWAN protocol based on Semtech’s LoRa Technology is being used in IoT network infrastructure and applications that help automate day-to-day processes, access real time data and increase efficiency in a number of consumer and enterprise use cases. By creating a robust ecosystem of compatible IoT solutions, the LoRa Alliance has helped set the foundation for scalable IoT adoption in the coming years.”
Key Features of Semtech’s LoRa Wireless RF Technology:
- Long Range: A single LoRa base station enables deep penetration capability for dense urban environments and indoor coverage, while also providing the ability to connect to sensors more than 15-30 miles away in rural areas.
- Low Power: The LoRaWAN protocol was developed specifically for low power and enables unprecedented battery lifetime of up to 20 years depending on the application.
- Low Cost: LoRa reduces upfront infrastructure investments and operating costs, as well as end-node sensor costs.
- Standardized: LoRaWAN ensures interoperability among applications, IoT solution providers and telecom operators to speed adoption and deployment.
- Learn more about Semtech LoRa wireless technology: www.semtech.com/wireless-rf/internet-of-things
- View LoRa FAQs: www.semtech.com/wireless-rf/lora/LoRa-FAQs.pdf
- Engage with the LoRa Community or contact Semtech’s customer services team for technical support or general product inquiries.
- Subscribe to Semtech’s e-newsletter Inside Circuit for quarterly product updates.
- Follow Semtech on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Google+.