Honeywell has been selected by Pilatus Aircraft Ltd. to supply the avionics suite for the newly announced Pilatus PC-24 Twin Jet. A combination of components from Primus Epic and Primus Apex will provide the core functionality, safety and display content for the Pilatus Advanced Cockpit Environment (ACE), designed specifically for the PC-24.
Primus Apex is proved on several platforms including the Pilatus PC-12 NG. Drawing on functionality from Honeywell's Primus Epic flight deck, which is available for larger cabin business and regional aircraft, Primus Apex for the PC-12 NG and Pilatus ACE for the PC-24 ensure the consistency of design philosophy and operational practices throughout the Pilatus business aircraft line. Pilots will have access to safety features and operational functionality previously reserved for the most sophisticated global business jets.
Pilatus ACE Features for the PC-24 include:
- SmartView Synthetic Vision System (SVS) provides pilots with advanced situational awareness, by synthesizing key flight information from multiple sensors and presenting it in one comprehensive, easy-to-understand picture on the cockpit's primary flight display, thereby reducing the risk of Controlled Flight Into Terrain (CFIT).
- Honeywell's Integrated Navigation System (INAV) improves flight management through simultaneous display of flight path, traffic, terrain, airspace, airways, airports and navigation aids. INAV's Graphical Flight Planning provides intuitive Graphical User Interface (GUI) features that allow pilots to better manage changes to their flight plans.
- Traffic Collision Avoidance System (TCAS) II paves the way for future ADS-B In applications that allow optimization of spacing and traffic avoidance.
- Wi-Fi capabilities for wireless data transfer between Pilatus ACE and supported portable devices.
- Wide Area Augmentation System-Localizer Performance with Vertical Guidance (WAAS-LPV) offers navigational functionality with improved lateral and vertical accuracy, and enables pilots to make near-Instrument Landing System (ILS) Category 1 precision approaches.
- Protected Mode - Controller Pilot Data Link Communication (PM-CPDLC/Link 2000) capability, which enables mandated data communication between pilots and air traffic control, reducing pilot workload and improving communications.
- Required Navigation Performance Authorization Required 0.3 (RNP AR) capability to provide pilots with more accurate guidance for navigating challenging airports and terminal airspace and help improve the efficiency of landing with clearly defined, reliable and repeatable flight paths.
- Victor Valente , Vice President, Business and General Aviation, Honeywell Aerospace, EMEAI
"Honeywell has long been a supporter of Pilatus by providing PC-12 NG pilots with access to the most advanced safety, autoflight, navigation and situational awareness capabilities available for turboprop planes. Building on that foundation, the Pilatus PC-24 will utilize the Pilatus ACE based on Honeywell's Primus Epic and Primus Apex flight decks, providing pilots with features and capabilities previously only found on high-end business jets."
- Oscar J. Schwenk , Chairman of the Board, Pilatus Aircraft Ltd.
"For our first twin jet, we wanted to make sure that the PC-24 had the latest avionics and technology to provide pilots with the safest flying experience possible. Through our work with Honeywell on the PC-12 NG, we know that Honeywell's integrated flight deck products provide pilots with safety enhancements and technology that greatly increase operational efficiency and the overall flight experience. Therefore we decided to jointly develop the unique and customized Pilatus ACE focusing on the individual needs and requirements of the future PC-24 operator."
Honeywell is showcasing its complete line of business aviation offerings at EBACE 2013 in Geneva, May 21–23, at Booth #487.
- Read more about Honeywell's Business Aviation offerings
- Read about Honeywell at EBACE 2013
- Read more about Pilatus
- Read more about Honeywell Aerospace
- Follow @Honeywell_Aero on Twitter
- Subscribe to Honeywell's Corporate RSS feed
Thousands of Honeywell Aerospace products and services are found on virtually every commercial, defense and space aircraft worldwide. The Aerospace business unit develops and integrates technologies that span air traffic modernization, flight and runway safety, engines, cockpit and cabin electronics, connectivity, logistics and more that deliver safe, efficient, productive and comfortable transportation-related experiences. For more information, visit http://aerospace.honeywell.com or follow us at @honeywell_aero on Twitter.
Honeywell (www.honeywell.com) is a Fortune 100 diversified technology and manufacturing leader, serving customers worldwide with aerospace products and services; control technologies for buildings, homes and industry; turbochargers; and performance materials. Based in Morris Township, N.J., Honeywell's shares are traded on the New York, London, and Chicago Stock Exchanges. For more news and information on Honeywell, please visit our web site.