Toshiba Corporation today announced that it has added “TMPM384FDFG” to its line-up of TX03 series, ARM Cortex™-M3 core-based microcontrollers. The product integrates a large capacity on-chip memory, additional multi-purpose timer channels and AD converters, and enhanced I/O ports, enabling control of both motor drives and overall systems. Mass production is scheduled to start in November this year.
Motor control applications generally consist of a motor drive unit and a system control unit, both of which integrate a microcontroller and software. The microcontroller will promote development and evaluation of motor control applications with a single microcontroller and software, contributing to more efficient system development and costs.
Main Features of the New Product
- 5V single power supply operation, typical for motor control devices and home appliances.
- Integrated large capacity 512-Kbyte flash memory and 32-Kbyte SRAM.
- Built-in 4-channel1 multi-purpose timers that allow motor control and IGBT control.
- Integration of highly accurate 22-channel 12-bit AD converters.
- Enhanced I/O ports.
- Adoption of LQFP144pin package.
Motor control equipment, home appliances such as air conditioners, refrigerators, dishwashers and microwave ovens, household equipment including IH cookers, washing toilet seats and water heaters, and industrial equipment.