Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Concise Report on the Global Image Sensors Market - Forecasts to 2018" report to their offering.
Image sensors are present since the advent of digital cameras and image reproducing devices. Since early 1990s, image sensors have evolved from a simple single array CCD to a complex 3D array digital SLR image sensors. Apart from cameras, image sensors are experiencing a heavy adoption in applications such as security and surveillance, automobile drive assistance, and machine vision.
All these applications are driven by the demand for a system and process automation. Healthcare segment is also identified as one of the major industry vertical for image sensors. Image sensors assist in endoscopy, dentistry, oncology, X-rays, and Microscopy. The research conducted suggests that the healthcare devices are the major drivers of the enterprise image sensor market.
The introduction of low cost CMOS resulted in the emergence of the integrated camera market. These miniature cameras are integrated in the multi-media devices such as; mobile phones, tablets, PDAs, and Notebooks. This segment of the image sensor is a high volume segment as identified from the research findings. The report forecasts the volume as well as value based market for the image sensors used for consumer applications.
- The global image sensors market is estimated to grow at a modest CAGR of 3.84% from 2013 till 2018 and is expected to cross $10.75 billion by the end of these five years.
- Currently, camera mobile phones are the major contributors to this market. In 2012, approximately, 80% of the image sensors were shipped for this application
- Emerging applications such as medical imaging, POV cameras, UAV cameras, digital radiology, and factory automation factors are driving the market with their high growth rate. However, they are low volume applications and would require longer duration to impact the market heavily
- CMOS technology commands a major market share against CCD and contact image sensor types. In 2012, CMOS approximately had 85% of the share
- Apart from the visible spectrum domain, manufacturers are also focusing on the infrared and X-ray image sensors. By the year 2018, approximately 800,000 units of infrared sensors and 300,000 units of X-ray sensors are forecasted to be shipped
- Currently, North America holds the largest share, but APAC is expected to surpass in 2013 with its strong consumer electronics market
Key Topics Covered:
2 Executive Summary
3 Market Overview
4 Segmentation By Technology
5 Segmentation By Medical Applications
6 Segmentation By Applications
7 Segmentation By Geography
8 Competitive Landscape
9 Company Profiles
- Aptina Imaging
- Banpil Photonics
- Canon Inc.
- E2V Technologies Plc
- Espros Photonics Corporation
- Given Imaging
- Hitachi Ltd.
- Hoya Corporation
- Imaging Dynamics Company, Ltd.
- Karl Storz Gmbh And Co. Kg
- Olympus Corporation
- Omnivision Technologies, Inc.
- Photonfocus Ag
- Sony Corporation
- Teledyne Dalsa
- Truesense Imaging, Inc.
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/78m6cr/image_sensors