Apr 7 2015
The latest update of the popular WeatherBug weather app for iPhone and iPad debuts a new WeatherBug Home Energy Meter to help you save energy and money on heating and cooling, while staying comfortable in your home.
The new WeatherBug also showcases a sleeker design so you can get the information you need to plan your day, and stay safer from lightning and severe weather – just in time for severe weather season.
The newly redesigned WeatherBug app for iOS is available for free in the App Store. Watch this short video to see the new app in action.
Check out these useful features:
- New WeatherBug Home: How hard will your home’s HVAC need to work to keep you comfortable? Find out with the WeatherBug Home Energy Meter. Weather influences about 50% of your home energy use, which goes to heating and cooling (HVAC). With WeatherBug Home, you can see how current weather conditions impact your comfort and energy use – just slide the thermostat temperature bar to see projected monthly HVAC costs, energy use and even your home’s carbon footprint!
- New Look: WeatherBug boasts a sleek, streamlined new look with improved swipe-and-scroll navigation, refreshed content display and dynamic backgrounds that change with the weather. You’ll get the current conditions, forecasts and severe weather alerts that matter to you when minutes matter – and they often do when severe weather strikes.
- Spark Lightning Alerts: Stay safer from lightning in your area. Our Spark lightning detection turns your smartphone into a personal lightning detector by utilizing information from the world’s largest lightning detection network – ours! Get minute-by-minute, mile-by-mile lightning proximity alerts for your own location, your favorite locations, or anywhere in the world.
- Real-Time Pinpoint Forecasts: Get the most accurate current, hourly and 10-day weather forecasts for 2.6 million locations worldwide. The secret to WeatherBug’s accuracy is ENcast, our advanced weather forecasting system. ENcast uses live, local data from WeatherBug Weather Stations located in communities right where you live, work and play to generate pinpoint, accurate and reliable current conditions to extended 10-day forecasts.
- Advanced Weather Alerts: Minutes matter. Get all National Weather Service watches and warnings to stay informed of severe weather conditions at all your current and saved locations. Plus, get our exclusive Dangerous Thunderstorm Alerts (DTAs) – the fastest severe weather warnings – pushed straight to your device.
WeatherBug 4.0 for iOS also features the latest breaking weather news from our meteorology team, at-a-glance weekday and weekend summaries, lifestyle forecasts, popular user-submitted photo galleries, plus detailed maps that let you visualize the weather through multiple layers – Doppler radar, humidity, pressure, wind speed, high/low forecast, traffic, satellite imaging and more!
Get WeatherBug on your iPhone and iPad today. Know Before® with the only weather company with its own weather sensor and lightning detection network.