VIGO Photonics is a world-leading manufacturer of uncooled infrared photon detectors.
In the 1980s, a team led by Professor Józef Piotrowski, Ph.D., developed at the Military University of Technology in Warsaw, Poland, a special technique for manufacturing detectors operating without cryocooling, which was subsequently implemented at the Company.
The company’s unique position on the market is confirmed by the status of an official supplier of subassemblies for NASA. As a result of that co-operation, detectors developed and manufactured by VIGO Photonics have been installed on the Curiosity rover exploring the surface of Mars.
A particularly important asset of the company is its ability to combine R&D works in the field of IR technology with manufacturing activity, all in a close co-operation with the customer.
VIGO Photonics remembers its roots – for many years it has been conducting advanced research on new types of IR detectors together with scientists from the Military University of Technology and from other domestic and foreign research institutions, at a common, continuously expanded laboratory.
The detectors manufactured by VIGO Photonics are used, amongst others, in the following fields:
- Industry – laser power control and calibration;
- Defense and security – smart munitions, early warning systems;
- Environmental protection – gas analysis, real-time water quality control;
- Healthcare – non-invasive blood analysis;
- Transport – analysis of temperature distribution in fast-moving objects;
- Research and development – precise, non-destructive spectroscopy.
Video Credit: VIGO Photonics/YouTube.com