The Radius® BZ1 Area Monitor is the most ideal option when protecting a worksite from dangerous gases. The BZ1 offers unparalleled protection for users working in the field, requiring less setup, operator training and maintenance.
- Up to 7 gases can be distinguished using 15 sensor possibilities, including PID
- An average run time of 7 days (168 hours)
- Customizable alarm action messages – for example "VENTILATE" and "EVACUATE"
- The biggest display of any area monitor currently available
- Alarms sound at 108 dB at 1 m, enabling the alarm to cut through even the noisiest environments
- Able to work with iNet® and DSX™ Docking Stations
- LENS™ Wireless facilitates communication between area monitors and Ventis® Pro Series personal monitors
- DualSense® Technology improves worker safety, employing two sensors to detect the same gas
Radius® functions right out of the box, letting users focus on the task at hand while being confident that their area monitors are ready for any emergency.
Whether the goal is to set up a perimeter or monitor gas leaks in confined spaces, Radius® allows for flexible deployment possibilities which can form buffers between workers and gas hazards.
The system emanates loud, extremely audible alarms with several colored strobes for gas and non-gas events, ensuring that not only will workers be notified of the alarm, but they will be able to see why via visible cues.
Alarms and gases can be identified from a safe distance, with essential safety messages visible on a display that is three times larger than that of its competitors.
Wireless networks can be set up easily using the LENS™ Wireless system and its easy-to-use, automated, peer-to-peer mesh network. The network can accept real-time gas readings from other instruments such as the Ventis® Pro Series of personal monitors.
Due to their modular design, the DSX™ Docking Station, and patented DualSense® Technology; gas instruments will spend less time under maintenance and more time in the field.
LENS™ Wireless is the first gas solution to allow personal and area monitors to share alarms and gas readings. Should a gas hazard panic situation or man-down initiate an alarm, all peers in the group will be informed of the threat and the worker in danger. When time is critical, any workers nearby will be able to help, rather than just notifying a call center that could be hundreds of miles away.
DualSense® Technology utilizes redundant sensors to establish the concentration of the target gas in the atmosphere whilst reducing the risk of possible instrument failure. Two sensors of the same type operating together can provide the most accurate gas reading.
Radius BZ1 Overview
Using Radius® BZ1 Area Monitor to Monitor Hazardous Gases
Radius® BZ1 Area Monitor - Picture 1
Radius® BZ1 Area Monitor - Picture 2
Radius® BZ1 Area Monitor - Picture 3