TP-Link®, a leading global provider of consumer and business networking products, today unveiled the T1700 Series 10G Smart Switches: the T1700X-16TS Full 10-Gigabit Smart Switch and the T1700G-28TQ Gigabit Stackable Smart Switch with 10G Uplink.
The new smart switches provide high performance, scalable, cost-effective 10G bandwidth for business networks.
“In a world of expanding enterprises and growing virtualization, cloud-based services and applications, the everyday demands placed on business networks continues to evolve beyond simple reliability,” said Lewis Wu, executive vice president of TP-Link USA. “The T1700 Series 10G Smart Switches provide higher levels of performance and the increased scalability that SMBs require.”
TP-Link Smart Switches provide rich L2/L2+ features to meet current and future unified networking and mobility needs. Simple network segmentation, with internal routing through the switch, allows devices in different VLANs/subnets to communicate with each other, facilitating a more efficient flow of network traffic. The 10GBase-T provides a future-proof, cost-efficient method for migrating networks to 10G Ethernet by utilizing existing CAT5e/CAT6 RJ-45 short connections and CAT6A/CAT7 connections.
The T1700X-16TS features 12 10GBase-T RJ45 ports and four dedicated SFP+ fiber slots, with the ability to support up to 320Gbps of combined switching bandwidth. Built for core business networks, this helps to relieve congestion associated with bandwidth-intensive applications and guarantees smooth data transmission. The T1700X-16TS also supports various user-friendly standard management features, such as intuitive web-based Graphical User Interface (GUI), industry-standard Command Line Interface (CLI), SNMP (v1/2/3) and RMON. Comprehensive IPv6 support management ensures a smooth migration to an IPv6-based network, while Dual Image provides improved reliability and network uptime.
- Equipped with 12 10GBase-T RJ45 Ports and four 10G SFP+ fiber ports, providing up to 320Gbps switching capacity
- 10GBase-T technology provides a cost-effective method for migrating from current networks to 10G Ethernet by utilizing existing CAT5e/CAT6 short connections and CAT6A/CAT7 connections
- L2+ and static routing to help route internal traffic for more efficient use of network resources
- Advanced security features include IP-MAC-Port Binding, ACL, Port Security, DoS Defend, Storm Control, DHCP Snooping, 802.1X, and Radius Authentication
- Comprehensive IPv6 support for management, QoS, and ACL
- WEB/CLI managed modes, SNMP, and RMON enhance management capability
- Dual Firmware Image improves reliability and network uptime