The role of connected sensors continues to grow among industries worldwide from home automation and health, to agriculture, manufacturing, and automation and are more integrated than ever into the embedded systems powering the burgeoning IoT market. With this in mind, Sensors Expo & Conference (#Sensors18), the industry’s largest event dedicated to sensors, connectivity, and systems, presents a new, expanded Embedded Systems Program to help today’s engineers and technicians experience firsthand how sensors and embedded systems are working together to drive the IoT market forward. Sensors Expo & Conference will take place June 26-28 at the McEnery Convention Center in San Jose, California. To register, visit here: sensorsexpo.com/register.
Pre-Conference Hands-On Workshops
Kicking off the new program, Microsemi and Microchip will host two Hands-on Workshops on Tuesday, June 26th:
- Workshop 1: Prototype an IoT Sensor Node with a Microchip MPLab XPress Eval Board
- Workshop 2: Learn RISC-V, the MI-V Ecosystem with an RTOS Bringup, Micropython Scripting, and a Dev Board That's Yours to Keep
Technical Track – Designing for the Industrial & Embedded IoT
As part of the new program, Open Systems Media and Embedded Computing Design will host a two-day technical track, “Designing for the Industrial and Embedded IoT.” Sessions will explore Edge Intelligence, IIoT Security, Future of Connectivity, Machine Learning, Software Code Quality, and more. Featured tracks include:
- Edge Intelligence: The Future of IIoT and Why You Need It Now, presented by Sastry Malladi, CTO, FogHorn Systems
- Forget Silver Bullets: Secure IIoT Applications Need Secure Application Code, presented by Alex Lim, Lead Applications Engineer, LDRA
- Using AI with Sensor and Signal Data at the Edge and in the Cloud, presented by Stuart Feffer, CEO & Co-Founder, Reality AI
Developer Sessions & Hands-on Workshops
New Embedded & Developer Theater Sessions will highlight leading embedded systems players and provide free education, breakdowns and board and developer kit giveaways. Taking place right on the Expo floor over the course of the two-day event, sessions include IBM Watson, LDRA Code Analysis Tools, FLIR Systems, Shore IoT, PICMG and more.
“We continue to expand our program to reflect the evolving sensing market,” said Mat Dirjish, Executive Editor, Sensors Online. “Our new Embedded Systems program will highlight how sensors and embedded systems are working together to drive the IoT industry forward, offer attendees hands-on experience with the latest technology, and offer valuable insight into the trends shaping the future of the embedded systems industry. Armed with this information, it is our goal to help today’s engineers innovate the sensing technologies of tomorrow.”
Interested in helping spread the word about #Sensors18? Learn more and join our #SensorsSquad: https://www.sensorsexpo.com/sensors-squad.