CARLO GAVAZZI has launched the HDMS Series, a single-phase motor soft-starter. It is an ideal solution for systems used in areas with weak power grids. Its unique design and control algorithm eliminate the need for a traditional start capacitor, effectively increasing reliability. This same innovative control strategy allows the HDMS to easily start Capacitor Start / Capacitor Run (CSCR) motors, and in the case of Permanent Split Capacitor (PSC) motors, virtually eliminate the starting current.
This product offers as much as 70% current reduction when compared to Direct On-Line (DOL) starters, which makes the HDMS the perfect choice for applications such as heat pumps, submersible pumps, or other scroll compressor loads connected to generators or electrical inverters. Innovative features include Near Field Communication (NFC), Modbus communication, and ease of use as the HDMS does not require any user settings or adjustments. Features of the HDMS include:
- Single-phase 110 to 230 VAC, 50/60 Hz operating voltage range
- Self-learning algorithm continuously adapts to load conditions for motor start optimization
- Broad operational current range: 12, 25, 32, 37 Arms @ 60 °C (140 °F)
- No start capacitor required
- Tool-free design for quick, error-free installation
- Data downloads via NFC communication with 143 alarm event storage capacity to expedite troubleshooting
- Real-time data analysis through Modbus communication
- Specialized algorithm for scroll compressors and submersible pumps
- SCR protected relays for increased lifetime
- 2 relay outputs (configurable logic) for Alarm, Top of Ramp
- Integrated Class 10 motor overload protection
- Conformal coated PCBs for additional protection against humidity
- Agency approvals: cULus Listing, CE certification
The HDMS Series Motor Starters are the best choice for increasing reliability, reducing costs on utility contracts and improving motor operation.