CARLO GAVAZZI has launched the RSBS Series, a compact, single-phase soft-starter. The RSBS is designed for single-phase compressors and is an ideal solution in single phase voltage networks that are prone to voltage fluctuations. The high inrush current caused by starting compressors in these conditions can cause lights to flicker, fuses to trip, generators to stall, and other disturbances.
The RSBS uses a current limiting algorithm to reduce compressor start current by more than 50% when compared to Direct Online (DOL) starters. Its control algorithm automatically detects when the compressor reaches full speed to make sure that the internal bypass relay switches ON when the current is at an optimum level. The RSBS can limit inrush currents up to 45 Amps under balanced conditions with a maximum ramp-up time of 600 ms. Its special HP function ensures the compressor receives enough starting torque by allowing a maximum current of 80 Amps even when the pressures are not balanced.
Features of the RSBS Single-Phase Soft Starter include:
- Single-phase 195.5 to 264.5 VAC, 50/60 Hz operating voltage range
- Current-limiting algorithm reduces inrush current by more than 50%
- Rated operational current: 37 Arms
- 4.4 kW / 5 HP rating at 40 °C
- No user adjustments required
- Integrated diagnostics detect voltage dips, network interruptions and welded relay contacts
- Ideal for scroll compressors and piston compressors
- Anti-short cycling function with built-in delay between starts
- Auxiliary relay output with alarm status LED indication
- Choose from several different start capacitor sizes including an option for an external capacitor
- Agency approvals: cULus Listing and CE certification
The RSBS Series are the best choice for increasing reliability, reducing network interruptions, and improving compressor operation.
The RSBS Series Single-Phase Soft Starters are available from Carlo Gavazzi’s network of sales offices and distributors in the Americas, or at www.GavazziOnline.com.