RFL Electronics Inc., a world leader in mission-critical communications and protection solutions for the electric utility and transportation markets, is unveiling a new look, and new solutions at the UTC Telecom 2013 in Houston, Texas, May 15-16.
For mission-critical infrastructures, RFL is introducing the EXMUX® 3500M. The latest addition to the award-winning IP Access Multiplexing family bridges the gap from yesterday to tomorrow with revolutionary benefits such as:
- Module hot-swapping to assure uninterrupted service while facilitating infrastructure evolution.
- Seamless migration to a modern IP infrastructure without uprooting legacy equipment.
- Highly-reliable relaying / protection and SCADA communications channels.
To meet the need for greater bandwidth requirements, RFL is debuting the IMUX 2000s SONET/SDH module. This innovative and cost-effective solution offers unparalleled benefits such as:
- Leverages existing IMUX 2000 T1/E1 multiplexer equipment to provide higher bandwidth capacity (400 times) for video and other high-bandwidth applications.
- Supports gigabit Ethernet, delivering resilient, managed IP-based services.
- Easy, straight-forward upgrade, eliminating costs and complexity of installing a new system.
The rebranding of RFL, together with the new solutions, represent the Company’s response to the increasing rate of change faced by its customers. “Our customers’ needs are changing faster than their infrastructure. So we realized we couldn’t simply provide static products, but instead need to offer dynamic solutions that can accommodate their current and future requirements,” said Emmanuel (Manny) Duvelson, RFL’s Product Marketing Director.