NETGEAR®, Inc., a global networking company that delivers innovative products to consumers, businesses and service providers, is highlighting its diverse suite of connectivity solutions for the "smart" home and growing businesses at the MedPi trade show taking place in Monaco from May 14-17. NETGEAR will be located in booth G33 of the Banque Magnetique Village (espace Ravel) in Monte Carlo's Grimaldi Forum.
"Our broad range of WiFi, powerline, storage and media networking products on display at MedPi is a testament to NETGEAR's seventeen years of championing connectivity to make your life easier, in your home as well as your workplace," said David Henry , NETGEAR's vice president of product management for retail business.
Extending Internet Access to Electrical Outlets
At MedPi, NETGEAR is launching the Powerline 500 Nano PassThru 1-Port (XAVB5401), a new-generation 500 Mbps product designed to deliver affordability while maintaining an extremely high level of performance and quality. It offers easy, plug-and-play setup and extends your Internet access to any electrical outlet, supporting faster speeds perfect for demanding applications such as HDTV, multiple HD/3D video streams, streaming multimedia and multiplayer gaming. Compliant with HomePlug® AV and IEEE1901 standards, the Powerline 500 Nano PassThru includes one Ethernet port to connect any Ethernet-enabled device such as HDTVs, HD set-top boxes, HD/3D videos, Blu-ray™ players, DVRs, PCs or game consoles to your home network and the Internet. The compact, elegant design includes an extra filtered power outlet so you can connect the powerline device directly into the wall socket but still have space to plug in a power strip for all your home office or home theater devices. More information is at www.netgear.fr.
You can see Powerline devices such as the XAVB5401 on your network through NETGEAR genie®, a free app that enables home users to control, monitor, repair and manage their home networks easily through a simple, elegant dashboard. With a new Powerline Network MAP, you can measure the speed between Powerline devices and customize the device settings. NETGEAR customers can download the utility at http://www.netgear.com/genie.
Making Storage Easy via New ReadyNAS Models
NETGEAR recently introduced a new portfolio of ReadyNAS® networked-attached-storage (NAS) products (www.netgear.com/readynas) which run on the newly developed ReadyNAS OS 6. These revolutionary devices are built on a custom platform designed as "storage made easy" for both the home and small to medium-sized businesses (SMB), and support a rich set of embedded and downloadable applications available from the NETGEAR genie+™ marketplace (https://genie.netgear.com/). Once again, NETGEAR is taking features and capabilities previously available only from expensive, large-enterprise vendors and lowering the cost while dramatically simplifying deployment and manageability to provide affordable, powerful, and reliable NAS storage.
- The entry level ReadyNAS 100 Series (RN102xx, RN104xx) is designed for home use, and comes in two-bay and four-bay desktop models that are offered as either diskless or populated with drives.
- The ReadyNAS 300 Series (RN312xx, RN314xx, RN316xx) is optimized for small business networks and remote or branch office needs, but can also provide an extremely high level of performance to any high tech user. It offers two-bay, four-bay, and six-bay desktop versions that are either diskless or populated with drives.
- The six-bay ReadyNAS 500 Series (RN516xx) offers the highest performance and is designed for small to medium sized business networks supporting up to 250 concurrent users, and also comes as diskless or populated desktop models with drives.
Mirroring Content Wirelessly to Your TV
The NETGEAR Push2TV® Wireless Display Adapter (PTV3000) (www.netgear.com/landing/stream/tv/#push2tv) enables you to mirror whatever is displayed on your Intel® WiDi and Miracast™ supported smartphone, tablet, or laptop screen on your HDTV, wirelessly, up to 1080p video resolution with 5.1 surround sound audio. Using standard Wi-Fi technology, your smartphone, tablet or laptop screen is displayed on your TV without the need for cables stretching across your room. You can play your favorite online videos or enjoy a slide show of your photos wirelessly on your big screen TV, without having to connect your device to the TV using HDMI or A/V cables.
Connecting at Warp Speeds via 802.11ac WiFi
The increased speed of 802.11ac technology, the world's fastest WiFi, is ideal for HD streaming to multiple devices, including the latest smartphones that are now 802.11ac-ready. It provides up to three times the performance of devices using the current 802.11n WiFi standard. NETGEAR is highlighting its recently expanded family of next-generation 802.11ac wireless products (www.netgear.com/fastestwifi) at MedPi.
- The recently introduced R6250 Smart WiFi Router is designed for customers who want the best possible 802.11ac WiFi performance but don't feel the need to have the fastest 802.11n WiFi performance in the 2.4 GHz band. It is powered by a dual-core 800 MHz engine to enable combined WiFi connections at Gigabit speeds up to 1600 Mbps* (300 Mbps @ 2.4 GHz 802.11n + 1300 Mbps @ 5 GHz 802.11ac). It also has a new SuperSpeed USB 3.0 port, capable of transferring data from your hard drive up to 10 times faster than a USB 2.0 interface.
- The D6200 WiFi Modem Router with built-in ADSL2+ modem creates a high-speed Internet gateway with approximate combined WiFi speeds up to three times faster than 802.11n at 1167 Mbps* (300 Mbps @ 2.4 GHz 802.11n + 867 Mbps @ 5 GHz 802.11ac), ideal for larger homes with multiple devices. Advanced features include ReadySHARE® Cloud, which enables remote access to a USB hard drive.
Beamforming+ to Go Faster and Farther
At MedPi, NETGEAR will demonstrate NETGEAR Beamforming+, a smart, signal-focusing technology that extends coverage, reduces interference and dead spots, and boosts the speed of your 802.11ac WiFi connections (www.netgear.com/fastestwifi). Beamforming+ refers to NETGEAR's implementation of the Beamforming standard with a fine-tuned WiFi design for improved WiFi range and performance, delivering the experiences you want: fast downloads, clearer voice calls, uninterrupted HD video, and lag-free gaming. NETGEAR Beamforming+ recognizes the location of a wireless device on your network and directs the WiFi signal directly at the device, constantly checking and tracking moving devices such as your mobile phones and tablets. The Beamforming+ firmware update is available now for the NETGEAR R6300 WiFi Router and the A6200 WiFi Adapter and is anticipated for all other NETGEAR 802.11ac routers in early summer.