Esaote North America announced that its new MyLab Six ultrasound system has received 510(k) clearance from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and is now available for sale in the United States.
MyLab Six is an affordable, compact ultrasound with a unique profile to improve ergonomics for sonographers scanning in a seated position and can be configured with a complete suite of applications, making it ideal for shared ultrasound services in busy clinical settings.
“Today’s practices need ultrasound systems that deliver high quality images across a broad spectrum of clinical applications,” said Larry Dentice, president and general manager of Esaote North America. “In their quest to deliver quality healthcare at an affordable cost, practices are continually evolving and MyLab Six can evolve with them.”
The modular application structure of MyLab Six gives practices the flexibility to configure their system with the clinical applications needed at time of purchase, then add more capabilities as their needs change or as they expand into new services. Application packages range from cardiovascular and musculoskeletal to ob-gyn and general imaging. Each package provides full measurement and report capabilities uniquely suited to the specific application.
A full range of advanced, ergonomic transducers is also available to extend the clinical utility of MyLab Six.
Unique Ergonomics Improve Sonographer Comfort
MyLab Six is available with a choice of high-resolution wide screen monitors and a unique combination of ergonomics that include:
- Angular ergonomics — system base and keyboard conform to sonographer angles as they scan in a seated position
- Quiet scanning — new cooling technology results in virtually silent exams for a better patient experience
- Appleprobe transducers — award-winning transducer designs proven to reduce sonographer stress
- Touchscreen operation — high resolution touch surface speeds exam setup and workflow
- Adjustable system height — adjustable keyboard and articulating monitor to optimize operation
Comprehensive Networking and Connectivity
With five convenient USB ports, built-in DVD, and wired or wireless networking, MyLab Six can function equally well as a stand-alone system or integrated with healthcare networks through a comprehensive set of DICOM and IHE compliant profiles.