The Model BP420 burst plugs from Dynisco have been particularly developed for use in plastic extrusion systems. These burst plugs will rupture instantly at a predetermined, specific temperature and pressure.
Each one-piece assembly features a 304 stainless steel body with a welded Inconel rupture disk. It could be designated for primary relief in those applications where pressure buildup can take place so quickly that the response time of a relief valve becomes insufficient, for example, in a polymerization reaction vessel.
- A precision of ±10% of rated burst pressure at 300° to 750°F
- Welded one-piece assembly—joint strength is not degraded at increased temperatures
- Burst pressure varies from 1,000 to 15,000 psi
- Inconel rupture disk—stable across a broad range of temperatures
- Leak rate surpasses 1 x 10−6 standard cc/second
- Developed for melt temperature ranges of up to 425°C (800°F)