The European safety regulation Machinery Directive standard EN ISO 13849-1 is a generic standard that defines the needs for the safety-relevant components of control systems.
The Guardian Series from Dynisco fulfills the directive without the cost and complication of unnecessary external relay modules and sensors.
The Guardian Series also conforms to NFPA 79 clauses A.9.2, A.9.4.1, and A.18.104.22.168 as a means of assessing safety-relevant aspects of control functions.
Image Credit: Dynisco
- Third-party agency analysis (exida™) and self-certified based on internal audit and FMEDA analysis
- Includes an integral relay switch for unnecessary safety and upcoming compliance
- Comes in well-known mV/V (DYN, MDA, and PT) and mA-HART SPX versions
- Fulfills Performance Level 'c' as stipulated by the Machinery Directive (a single sensor is deployed as per Category 1)
- Fulfills Performance Level 'd' as stipulated by the Machinery Directive (a pair of sensors is installed as per Category 3)
- When the sensor is properly installed and used, it fulfills the following compliance directives:
- PED 97/23/EC
- EMC Directive 2004/108/EC
- NFPA 79 clauses A.9.2, A.9.4.1, A.22.214.171.124
- Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC