Securifi, creator of the world's first touchscreen wireless router, today announced its most comprehensive router to date – the Almond 3 Smart Home Wi-Fi System – is available for pre-order on Securifi.com and Amazon.
Almond 3 features the same simple setup that Almond products are known for and multiple units can mesh together to create a seamless Wi-Fi network covering an entire home or office. Almond 3 is sold standalone or in packs of three that allow users to create a single network that covers their entire home with a strong Wi-Fi signal. Built with dual-band AC1200 Wi-Fi, a ZigBee radio, and a programmable siren for security, Almond 3 brings next generation Wi-Fi and hub functionality to your smart home.
Almond 3 is available for pre-order for $119.99 per unit and will retail for $149.99. The Almond 3 bundle (pack of three) will be offered for $299.99 during the pre-order period and will retail for $399.99.
"The bar for what defines a 'home Wi-Fi system' continues to rise, and the Almond 3 Smart Home Wi-Fi System is one of the most comprehensive products on the market today," said Rammohan Malasani, CEO, Securifi. "We are bringing a complete Wi-Fi solution to the home with a robust feature set that is, most importantly, easy to setup and manage."
The Almond 3 Smart Home Wi-Fi System features include:
- Multi-room Wi-Fi. With the Almond 3 Smart Home Wi-Fi System, you can have a single Wi-Fi network in every room and corner of your home. Enjoy lightning fast streaming, gaming, web surfing, video chatting and more. Each Almond 3 covers 1,300 sqft. Combine multiple Almond 3s together to create a powerful Wi-Fi mesh network that eliminates dead zones across your home.
- Built-in smart home automation hub. With built in ZigBee technology, Almond 3 can "speak" to your lightbulbs, door and window sensors, thermostats, locks, and other smart devices. Simply pair a smart device with Almond 3 to control it with the free Almond app. Hundreds of smart devices are already Almond 3 compatible. If you want to take things to the next level, you can add support for Bluetooth and Z-Wave smart home devices by connecting dongles to Almond 3's USB port.
- Use the Almond App to control everything from anywhere. With the free Almond Android & iOS app, you can easily control your Almond 3 and connected devices from anywhere in the world. The Almond app gives you a single place where you can get an overview of all your Wi-Fi and smart home sensors and devices.
Starting today, Almond routers (Almond 3, Almond+ and Almond 2015) now work with Amazon Alexa. Users now have the flexibility to control hundreds of Almond compatible smart home devices using just their voice and an Alexa-enabled device like Amazon Echo, Echo Dot or Amazon Tap. Additional software updates bring powerful in-app support for home automation rules and comprehensive Wi-Fi device management.
Through integration with the Alexa Skills Kit, users can interact with Almond's powerful rule creator for smart home devices using Alexa. Features such as Scenes and Modes can now be activated with simple voice commands allowing users to control multiple devices and actions. For example, a Party Scene that turns the music system on, dims the lights, and sets the thermostat to a lower temperature can be activated on Almond by saying, "Alexa, tell Almond to activate Party Scene." To enable the feature, users simply add the "Almond Skill" via the Alexa App and then they will be able to use voice commands across any Alexa enabled device.
"We're thrilled that Securifi has expanded its integration with Alexa," said Rob Pulciani, Amazon Alexa Director. "Now our connected home customers can control multiple devices, sound systems and thermostats with Almond products using just their voice. Having a connected home with Alexa has never been easier."
New software updates to the Almond app available today, include:
- Rules interface for mobile. Create and edit schedules and automation rules directly from the convenience of your smartphone. Beyond simple IFTTT commands, you can now easily create complex automation workflows featuring multiple triggers that in turn prompt multiple actions. For example, a rule can be created so that when you arrive home between 6:00-9:00 p.m. weekdays, Almond will disarm the alarm, turn on the porch light for five minutes, and then set the thermostat to 70F.
- Comprehensive Wi-Fi device management. The first time a new device joins your Wi-Fi network, you will receive a push notification with the device name and manufacturer information. You can then choose to block devices that you don't recognize or choose to receive notifications when new or existing devices join or leave your network. Parental controls can also be easily enabled with this feature. For example, access to an Xbox can be blocked on weekdays between 4:00-7:00 p.m.