On 7th January 2018, ESCORT, the leader in superior-performance radar and laser detection technology, made an announcement of the new ESCORT MAX 360c - the very first radar and laser detector that has been designed for the connected car. With built-in Wi-Fi, the MAX 360c is capable of updating via the on-board Wi-Fi connection and alerting the driver to the most recent ticket threats in real-time.
The ESCORT MAX 360c will be displayed at CES Unveiled, January 7th from 5:00 – 8:30 pm in the South Seas Ballroom at Mandalay Bay; Pepcom Digital Experience on January 8th, from 7:00 pm – 10:30 pm at the Mirage; and ShowStoppers @ CES January 9th from 6:00 pm – 10:00 pm in the Lafite Ballroom at the Wynn Hotel.
The new ESCORT MAX 360c is capable of connecting directly to the connected car's Wi-Fi and also automatically connects to ESCORT Live, the special real-time ticket-protection network, without the requirement for a smartphone to connect to the detector. ESCORT Live allows drivers to be aware of upcoming alerts received and reported by other users in the area, and provides access to local speed limit data for over-speed alerts, right out of the box.
If individuals do not have a connected car or Wi-Fi signal, users will still be able to pair their smartphones using Bluetooth® in the MAX 360c and obtain all the features of ESCORT Live. When they park near a Wi-Fi connection or get home, the detector will be able to automatically update to the latest firmware and software, without the need for removing the unit from the car.
The ESCORT MAX 360c is available with a slimmer, sleek design with LED arrows in order to specify the direction of the radar threat. Direction of the alerts is simpler to see and less distracting while driving because of the updated arrow placement on the front of the display. Its multi-color OLED display instinctively displays both the strength and threat type and also the vehicle’s speed allowing the driver to make the best decision for each threat in HD resolution. The ESCORT MAX 360c also features the revolutionary EZ Mag Mount™ that provides the most secure and simple installation. It is capable of attaching and releasing the detector with a mere magnetic touch and eliminating all bouncing or detachment during a drive.
"Every major car manufacturer is planning for connected car options, if not already bringing them to market. As the detection industry leader, it's our job to complement the latest in car technology with our state of the art radar/laser detection systems," said John Kuhn, Vice President, Radar Engineering for Cedar Electronics. "With the ESCORT MAX 360c we created the first detection system designed for the connected car and most dynamic, real-time radar / laser detection system we have ever done," added Dave Smidebush, Vice President and General Manager, Radar Category for Cedar Electronics.
The ESCORT MAX 360c is also available with:
- 360 Degree Directional Alert Arrows – Arrows signify the direction of the radar source for 360-degree protection
- Front and Rear Radar Detection – Dual antennas for rear and front detection
- GPS Intelligence – Access to the largest, recently updated database of speed and red-light cameras and speed traps. Drivers will be able to mark their own "hot spots" employing the special Mark Location feature
- IVT Filter™: Updateable system automatically decreases false alerts from external In-Vehicle Technology sources such as adaptive cruise control and collision avoidance systems
- SmartCord® USB – Premium power cord is available with convenient USB charging port, alert LED, power LED, and Mute button
- Dual Language – Includes Spanish and English text and voice