Texas Instruments (TI) today expanded its high-speed amplifier portfolio with two new differential amplifiers that offer the industry's best power-to-performance ratio. The single-channel THS4531A and dual THS4532 achieve seven times the bandwidth with one-fourth of the input referred noise while also reducing power consumption by 80 percent, compared to the nearest competitor.
The devices are designed for low-power data acquisition systems and high-density applications where power consumption and dissipation is critical, such as test and measurement equipment, and digital and ultrasonic water flow meters. For more information or to order samples and an evaluation module (EVM), see: https://www.ti.com/
Key features and benefits of the THS4531A and THS4532:
- Best-in-class performance: Low quiescent current of 0.25 mA per channel, gain bandwidth of 36 MHz, power consumption of only 250 (uA), noise of 10 nV/root Hz , maximum offset voltage of 0.4 mV, and slew rate of 200 volts per micro-second (V/us) provide unmatched power, distortion and noise performance.
- Improved precision sensing: Open-loop voltage gain of 114 dB with maximum offset of 0.4 mV, and offset voltage drift of 9 micro-volts per degrees-Celsius (uV/C) enable precision sensing and buffering in applications where high-speed amplifiers have been limited in the past. This allows the THS4531A and THS4532 to drive data converters to achieve high-precision offset and drift performance.
- Drives high-performance ADCs: Accurate output common-mode control and input common-mode range below the negative rail and rail-to-rail output provide an easy interface to drive successive-approximation register (SAR) and delta-sigma analog-to-digital converters (ADCs), such as the eight-channel, 24-bit delta-sigma ADS1278 or the single-channel, 16-bit SAR ADS8317, using only a single 2.5-V to 5-V power supply.
Packaging, availability and pricing
The THS4531A is available now in 8-pin SOIC, 8-pin VSOP, and 10-pin QFN package options for a suggested retail price of US$1.21 in 1,000-unit quantities. The THS4532 is available now in a 16-pin TSSOP for a suggested retail price of US$1.85 in 1,000 unit quantities.
Tools and support
TI offers a variety of tools and support to speed development with the THS4531A and THS4532.
The THS4531AEVM and THS4532EVM evaluation modules (EVMs) are designed to quickly and easily demonstrate the functionality and versatility of the amplifiers. The EVMs are ready to connect to power, signal source, and test instruments through on-board connectors and can be easily configured for differential input, differential output, and single supply operation.
A SPICE model is also available for designing, testing, and troubleshooting a broad variety of basic and advanced circuits, including complex architectures, without any node or number of device limitations.
Support is available on the High Speed Amplifier Forum in the TI E2E™ Community, where engineers can ask questions and get answers from TI experts.
TI analog for industrial
TI is the industrial semiconductor leader, providing a diverse and readily available portfolio of analog integrated circuits (ICs) for a broad range of applications, including smart grid, factory automation, high-voltage power, LED lighting and control. TI data converters, ampliﬁers, interface, isolation, clocking, and power management devices enable customers to differentiate their products, while TI software, design tools and reference designs simplify and accelerate design cycles. Learn how TI analog innovations are improving industrial safety, efficiency and reliability at: https://www.ti.com/.
Learn more about TI's high speed amplifier portfolio by visiting the links below:
- Order samples of the THS4531A and THS4532.
- Purchase the THS4531AEVM and THS4532EVM.
- Download the datasheet for the THS4531A and the THS4532.
- Check out Engineer It videos to learn how to pick the right fully differential amplifier to get data sheet values from your SAR ADC or how to select an op amp to drive your SAR ADC.
About Texas Instruments
Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company that develops analog ICs and embedded processors. By employing the world's brightest minds, TI creates innovations that shape the future of technology. TI is helping more than 100,000 customers transform the future, today. Learn more at: www.ti.com.