THine Electronics, Inc., the global leader in high-speed serial interface and provider of mixed-signal LSI, today announced its new 1-channel LED driver products, THL6521 and THL6523. Similarly to THine’s existing LED driver line-ups of THL-series, these new LED drivers are suitable for applications with high-power LED equipments such as back lights of LCD panels and LED lightings as well as mobile phones, automotive navigation systems, tablet PCs, LCD monitors, amusement equipments, digital camcorders, digital still cameras, automated teller machines (ATM), and other industrial equipments.
Adding these new products to existing 4-channel THL6514, 6-channel THL6516, and 8-channel THL6518, THine’s LED driver line-ups of THL-series can support customers various needs. These products have build-in boost converter circuits that can convert the usual 5V power supply to the right voltage for LED power supply. This integration enables LED back light systems to consist of one chip simply.
The new LED drivers of THL6521 and THL6523 are packaged in TSOT23-6 that can reduce footprints for LED backlight systems and lighting systems. In addition, THL6521 and THL6523 have soft start functions and other protection functions to prevent system damages from abnormal LED failures.
Features of THL6521 and THL6523
- Input voltage range: 2.5V ~ 5.5V
- Boost converter
- Maximum output voltage: 38V
- Switching frequency: 1MHz
- LED driver feedback voltage: THL 6521: 100mV
- PWM dimming control: 100Hz ~ 200kHz
- Protection: Soft start / over current protection / Under voltage protection / over voltage protection / Thermal shut down
- TSOT23-6 package
- Various display modules
- LED back lights for displays
- Various display-using applications
- Televisions and LCD monitors
- Laptop / Netbook / Tablet PCs
- Digital still cameras and camcorders
- Printers and multi-function printers
- Automotive navigation systems
- Amusement equipments
- Automated teller machines, vending machines, factory automation, and other industrial equipments